2.8: fantasia parade

Nothing but pure silence settled over the duo. Only the sound of shuffling feet, tape, and scissors filled the apartment. The two former Fairies were in the gradually emptying apartment of the taller of the two. Laxus's apartment was very plainly decorated, as the man didn't own many things. Which made sense, since the man was barely in his apartment, nor was he the interior-decorator type. No, it was just a wooden box with stone and matching furniture. Nox knew full well why all the furinute was oak with dark blue cushions, because Laxus at one point didn't even own furniture until the Thunder Legion forced him to buy furniture for his place.

"How many boxes do you have left?" Nox asked quietly, sorting through the ownership paperwork of the apartment.

"Four." Laxus answered, as he tapped up another box. "Is all the paperwork fine?"

"Yeah, you'll get a reimbursement for the furniture being left behind. That means that you won't be paying most of rent you owed this month, since the cost of the furniture covers about 90% of then rent." Nox explained, fixing the black framed glasses on the bridge of her nose.

Nox's eyes were light sensitive. They were equipped to work in dark areas and dimmer lighting, and over the years having spent ages in bright sunlight caused her to develop hyperopia, or farsightedness. Thus, when she had to inspect anything close up (like books or documents), she relied on her glasses.

"How much do I owe?" Laxus asked.

"4,000J." Nox said.

"Fine." Laxus huffed.

Silence overtook the apartment. But neither cared much, as silence was as common as breathing between the two of them. Besides, the two both had a lot on their mind. Nox couldn't--and didn't want to know what Laxus was thinking at the moment. Her mind was always way too cluttered anyways, so any form of extra stress, even the smallest amount was not good for her.

It still didn't fully click for her.

She was no longer a Guild Mage, nor longer an S-Class Mage, nor longer a member of Fairy Tail. Even with the Guild Mark not on her ankle, she didn't feel it there. Instead, as cliche as it sounded, she felt it on her soul. Like someone had taken a knife and carved it in.

Granted, unlike Laxus her situation wasn't permanent. She was facing an indefinite suspension from the Guild, and it wouldn't be an easy task to earn her way back in the Guild. Earlier that morning, Nox had stopped by the Guild to discuss her suspension with Makarov, as well as receive the spell card to remove their Guild Marks. The process her trial was simple when you thought about it. She was banned from entering the Guild nor associating herself with Fairy Tail for six months. She would have to follow the same rules every other former of Fairy Tail had to follow.

One, you must never reveal sensitive information about Fairy Tail to others as long as you live.

Two, you must never use former contacts met through you being in the guild for personal gain..

Three, though our paths may diverged, you must continue to live out your life with all your might, you must never consider your own life to be something insignificant, and you must never forget about your friends for as long as you live.

Once the six months were over, she could return to the Guild and speak to the Guild Master about whether or not she would be aloud to return.