1.5: the thunder legion

X777

Shouts and cackles echoed throughout the field. The four teenagers goofed off in the field, relaxing after a team mission. The four made up Fairy Tail's newest and youngest team: the Thunder Legion. The team's name, was in fact named after "leader" Laxus. The other three members, were rather new Fairy Tail mages that all had a proficiency in variations of Eye Magic. No one entirely knew why high-and-mighty Laxus was willing hanging around such a cast of characters, but Makarov didn't care much, happy that his grandson was making more "normal" friends. Yes, Makarov cared a great deal about Nox. How could he not? His own son was actively searching for a young girl who he ripped from her freedom before she could even recognize what the word was. But Nox wasn't exactly normal.

Speaking of Nox, despite her almost never leaving Laxus's side, she wasn't a member of Thunder Legion. Laxus had asked her about it, but she had declined. She was uninterested in joining a team, because to be frank, she didn't trust them. At least at first. It had been six months since Nox had first met Freed, Bickslow, and Evergreen. At first, they had been curious about the floating black orb that hung around Laxus. Freed definitely had his fair share of questions before Laxus told them to knock it off as to not make Nox uncomfortable. She had noticed them curiously staring at her multiple times, but brushed it off.

But by now, Nox had decided that she was finally comfortable enough to show her true form around them. She had spoken to them twice, at this point letting them somewhat know what she sounded like.

When Nox had entered the Dreyar residence through the backdoor earlier that morning, a custom for her at this point, she was surprised to find Laxus sitting in the kitchen. The blonde sixteen-year-old was grumpily sipping on his coffee. He looked up at the girl awkwardly standing in the doorway.

"Any reason why you're just standing there." Laxus asked.

"Uh, I- sorry." Nox said, closing the door behind her and taking off her shoes. As she walked closer to him, she slid off her hood, and adjusted her ponytail. "I didn't think you'd be awake this early. My bad."

"It's fine. You want anything?" Laxus asked.

"I'm fine."

"Bullshit. I know you haven't had anything to eat or drink since last night." Laxus said. "There's pancakes still in the oven. Eat, we have a job today."

"I know." Nox mumbled, as she pulled out a plate and opened the oven to grab some pancakes left inside. "Is it Evergreen's turn to pick a job?"

"No, it's Bickslow's. Probably going to be something combat-heavy." Laxus said. "Do you want any coffee."

"I'm fine. I had a shot of espresso before I left the dorms." Nox said, sitting down at the table next to him and digging into her food.

"Like an ice coffee with an espresso shot? Or just a straight espresso shot again?" Laxus asked, looking up from his food.

"Straight shot." Nox shrugged, digging into her food. "Uhm, there's something that I was thinking about doing after the mission later."

"And what would that be?" Laxus asked.

"Uhm, I think I'm comfortable enough to show my true self to the others." Nox said, making Laxus pause before gazing into her eyes.

"Really? That's great." Laxus grinned, "Guess you're more accustomed now."

"Yeah..."

Back to the present, Nox awkwardly hovered behind Laxus. As much as Laxus and Makarov had been teaching her social cues and standard social interaction rules, she still hadn't fully gotten the hang of it quite yet.