Chapter 72: Weddings, Fake Names, and Ex-Flings

Start from the beginning

I lost it. I was a crying mess. He's just so god damn perfect. It's really not fair. 

"May I have the rings?" Scott asked. 

Warren stood up and handed off my ring. Alex stood up and handed off Hank's ring. Scott took both of them and continued speaking. 

"Henry Philip McCoy, do you take Isabelle Crimson Howlett to be your lawfully wedded wife? Do you promise to love her in strength and in weakness, in success and in disappointment, in sickness and in health? Do you promise to love her faithfully for as long as you shall live?" 

"I do," Hank spoke with a huge goofy grin on his face. 

"Isabelle Crimson Howlett, do you take Henry Philip McCoy to be your lawfully wedded husband? Do you promise to love him in strength and in weakness, in success and in disappointment, in sickness and in health? Do you promise to love him faithfully for as long as you shall live?" 

"I do," I announced breaking out into a similar grin. 

"Then by the power invested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife!" Scott declared. 

Hank and I leaned forward and shared a passionate kiss to a chorus of applause from our friends. 

Sometime Later That Night

It was time for the first dance. Hank and I moved to the makeshift dance floor and the music started to play. We got into the position and started to dance. 

"You have a Ph.D.?" I whispered. 

"Yeah, in biophysics. Your name is Isabelle?" Hank whispered back. 

"Legally yes, like how Logan's name is actually James," I explained. 

"Logan's name is James?" Hank whispered looking very shocked. 

"I'll explain it later, I promise," I responded. 

"Our honeymoon sounds so romantic," Hank teased. 

"What could be more romantic than learning your wife's name isn't what you thought it was," I joked. 

"I can think of a few things," Hank answered in a suggestive tone. 

"Oh, do tell," I replied. 

"I prefer to show," Hank whispered causing me to blush. 

The song ended and Hank and I broke apart. Charles and Erik approached the dance floor. Charles and Hank started to dance, Erik and I started as well. 

"You know if he ever breaks your heart I'll kill him, no questions asked," Erik stated. 

"Aw Erik that's the sweetest thing you've ever said and weirdly enough, I don't doubt you for a second," I teased. 

"You're the closest thing to family I've got, forgive me if I'm a little overprotective," Erik spoke.

"Don't worry about it, I would consider putting Charles back in a wheelchair if he were to cheat on you," I offered.

"This is why we're best friends," Erik stated.

"Because we're unhinged," I joked.

The song ended and the regular dancing for the night began. I found my way back to Hank and soon Warren approached us. 

"Congratulations, Mom and Dad. If I'm being honest when I first met you two I kind of thought you were already married," Warren spoke. 

"Wait why?" I asked.

"The two of you act like an old married couple," Warren answered. 

"Oh my god we do," Hank spoke looking like he was having an existential crisis.