Chapter 2 - New Beginnings

After their first meeting, Inko and Atlan would meet on and off for almost 10 years, it was around their third date-not date that he revealed to her the nature of his 'job' and how he had a job back in New York and why he wouldn't be around much, but this only pushed the two closer. On their 10th anniversary as a couple at which point Atlan asked Inko to marry him. 5 years later Inko was pregnant and that brings us to Atlan waiting in the hospital.

Atlan was waiting in a hospital hall for any word on Inko from the doctors. You see, Inko was about to give birth to their son, Izuku. He had been pacing the halls trying to calm his fray nerves when a nurse came out looking for him.

"Mr. Atlan?" She called out.

"Yes? Are they alright?" The man asked her.

"Yes, sir." The nurse smiles. "You are now the father of a small boy. What would you like to name him?" The nurse told him, as she opened the door a little more to show Inko holding a small baby wrapped in blankets.

"Izuku Perseus Midoriya." Atlan said with a smile.

Almost a year later, Atlan, Inko and Izuku were sitting at their beach house as Inko was putting Izuku to sleep.

"Inko, is he asleep?" Atlan asked the green-haired woman.

"Yes, finally." Inko sighed.

"Good. Because was hoping to talk to you." Atlan told her.

"About what? Is everything okay, back home?" Inko asked the man. "You have to go back, don't you?"

"It's about that actually." Atlan told her. "I sort of lied to you about my job and who I really am." Atlan told her, with as much courage he could muster.

"And how does that affect us? I couldn't care less as to what you do, Atlan." Inko told him.

"It does affect us, it affects both you and him," Atlan pointed at Izuku. "And it's not the good sort."

"Wha-what happened?" Inko asked as worry laced her voice.

"Alright, this must come as a bit of a shock to you, but my actual name is not Atlan Jackson, it's Poseidon." The man told him.

"So uhhhh Poseidon Jackson?" Inko asked him.

"No, just Poseidon, like the God of Seas, the Earthshaker, Poseidon." He told her. "The one from Greek Mythology?"

"Wait... Wait a minute, you're telling me that gods are real." Inko told him.

"Yes, Greek gods, Roman ones, at least on a technicality, Norse gods and Egyptian gods, there are a few others as well, but these are some of that are actually involved with humans." He explained.

"So, that means Perseus, Hercules, Theseus, Achilles, Annabeth Chase, Percy Jackson, all of them are real?" Inko asked him.

"Yes...." Atlan answered, with a slightly saddened voice.

"Okay, so is Izuku... a demigod?" Inko asked him.

"Unfortunately, yes." Atlan told her. "But don't worry I'll talk to Chiron and see what we can do to keep him safe."

"Chiron the demigod trainer?" Inko asked him. "The one that trained demigods at Camp Half-Blood?"

"Camp Half-Blood?" Poseidon questioned.

"Oh, the place where demigods are trained and all?" Inko told him. "It was there in these books written by this American author I think, his name was Rick something. Those books were pretty old, I found them online accidentally."

"Oh you, right." Poseidon sighed. "Yeah, no, it's not called Camp Half-Blood, at least not originally, there was no name for the place till Rick wrote those books. He was the son of Apollo and he asked us if he could write about Percy's adventures and you know immortalize him just like how Hercules and the others are, it was his way of paying his camp senior a tribute and we let him, we did tell him to change the location of certain important places though."