Chapter 32: ɪʟʏ

Start from the beginning

It's better for us to stop for now.

And he was right, we were both very tired as we slept for an hour at most.

I took a shower in the bathroom of his room while he took one in the guest room.

By the time I was finished the sun had already set and it was dark outside.

Zane soon came back to the room.

We haven't really talked about it but I think it's not even necessary to do so. We would share the same bed.

I liked cuddling next to him and I knew he did too.

"Good night baby" Zane said once we were in the bed. He gave my temple a kiss and brought me closer to him.

"Good night ZeZe" I replied, giving the arm he placed under my head a kiss.

When the morning came Zane had to go to the office right away.

"Baby, I don't know for how long I'll be gone but I'll be back before dinner. I'll write down the house address and leave you a pair of keys. There is a supermarket in town. I'll leave Bumblebee to you. You are a smart girl, you'll manage with the GPS. As for money, I'll leave you my card as well, buy anything that you need." He gave me a quick kiss on the lips and then left.

I think I managed to say 'yes' but I think it came out as a groan. It was early and I wasn't fully awake.

Without realizing I dozed out again.

My eyes widened when I saw the hour. It was past 11 am. But at least I slept well, very well in fact.

For the first time in months, I went to bed with peace and I woke up that way as well.

The memories of my messed-up life are still fresh in my mind. I haven't forgotten.

Moving on is not easy especially when everything is still fresh.

To be honest I still don't fully comprehend their actions nor the things that have happened to me. Everything feels like a dream, a very bad nightmare.

Nevertheless, I believe that life has given me a new opportunity. I can have a better life now and I have a good person next to me too.

I got ready and went downstairs to the living room. As promised Zane left me a piece of paper with the house address, keys, and his card. I wasn't going to use his money, I still had mine but I appreciate his offer. He's basically trusting me with his house, car, and money.

As I suspected, the refrigerator was empty and it's understandable. No one lived in the house for months.

I wrote down what I thought we needed both in the kitchen and the bathroom.

Last night when I showered I realized he had too little shampoo left so I wrote down the brand name.

Then I got in the car and put on the GPS. Zane also sent me a message with the exact location of the supermarket.

It wasn't that difficult to find it for which I was grateful.

As the house was completely empty I filled up the whole cart with everything necessary.

Something caught my attention. Zane's favorite cereals. He told me once that he loved a certain brand but that it was not easy to find out of Canada. They only sold it in big cities.

The problem was that that brand had many flavors: dark chocolate, white chocolate and strawberry.

I hoped he could see the message.