Chapter 16: ᴀᴡᴀᴋᴇ

Even the darkness we see is so beautiful

Please believe me

Looking only directly at you

So you don't go away

The gazing eyes are so colorful

You taught me

That someday the sadness

Will wind us together

"Your eyes tell": BTS

For the past two hours I've been looking at Zane like a stalker hoping he would wake up

For the past two hours I've been looking at Zane like a stalker hoping he would wake up. The more I looked at his still body and all the wounds the sadder I felt.

I was tired, a few times I was about to fall asleep but woke up immediately. I was afraid that if I did, something might happen.

I also decided that if his brother allowed me, I would stay until he would wake up. I wanted to see him alive, talking and cursing like he always did.

"Hey Jessie, something happened. I'm not gonna come today. I'm not sure when I'll be able to or how many days it will take. Hopefully soon." I said when my cousin picked up the phone.

"Are you alright?" She asked, concerned.

"Yes, yes, it's not me. I'll tell you when we meet" I said hoping she would not ask further and fortunately she didn't.

"Sure, take care alright? You let me know" My cousin said.

We said our goodbyes and I went back to look at Zane.

The rush of emotions from last night were gone but I still felt uneasy. Worried that the danger was not gone and that something worse would happen.

Zane's phone rang and Owl's name appeared.

"Hey" I answered.

"Hey girl! I just got to the hospital but I'm not sure what room he's in. How can I identify you?" He said.

"Room 503. I'm wearing a black hoodie and blue jeans. I'm kind of short so it might be hard to spot me" I said jokingly.

"Then I'll just have to look closely," He said laughing.

I went outside the room and watched people pass the hall. Two tall men caught my attention. One of them waved at me holding his phone to his ear. That must be Zane's brother.

Looking at him I could see the similarities. He had brown hair and blue eyes. A built frame but somehow slimmer and shorter than Zane. He did look older than Zane, maybe just a few years older.