Chapter 35: ғᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ

"In a world where vows are worthless.Where making a pledge means nothing. Where promises are made to be broken, it would be nice to see words come back into power."

― Chuck Palahniuk 

After months of healing, I realized something

There was nothing wrong with me in the first place. I was only surrounded by the wrong people.

I'm not completely healed. It will probably take me years.

Some days I still doubt myself. Other days the negative thoughts overwhelm me.

But having Zane by my side has been a blessing. Whenever I fall into that dark side I try to think about his beautiful smile. About the way he's been calling my body beautiful and how he keeps eye contact whenever I talk to him about my worries.

There was something else that I decided to do to heal. I sought help from a professional. And to be honest I think it's the best choice I made.

I still remember his questions. Questions that made me realize the main problem.

"When you have those thoughts what voice comes into your mind? Are you the one who thinks your body is ugly? Or, are your family's words that come into your mind? There is a difference Katherine."

"There is?"

"Yes. In the first question, the problem comes from within. You are the one that believes and thinks that there is something wrong with you. On the other hand, on the second question, your family's words are the ones that make you believe there is something wrong with you."

"I never thought it like that but now that I think about it it's definitely the second question."

"Then Katherine let me ask you something else. Do YOU believe there is something wrong with you?"

"No, I think that everything that happened to my body was normal. My weight is normal as well..."

"Then you can clearly see that the problem is not internal but external."

Sofia and Elena also helped me a lot. As my biggest insecurity was my stretch marks they were crucial for my healing.

When I told them about my fear they immediately understood.

I was shocked to see both Sofia and Elena having stretch marks. Because of the pregnancy and gaining weight, they both had them all over their bodies.

I remember all of us crying because they also felt insecure. It was then when I understood how normal having them was.

There was nothing to be ashamed of. Those marks are proof of both suffering and healing.

Soon the wedding day came and both Zane and I were excited.