Chapter 7: ɪᴅᴇɴᴛɪᴛʏ

Nobody really cared, so it never really mattered 

It never really mattered, so it never really happened

What's the point in fighting for a happy ever after?

The past keeps haunting the future, I imagine

"Identity": Grandson

Q: Are you different around certain people? Like for example at school or work you act in a certain way and home different?

****WARNING: sensitive topics such as human trafficking, drugs...****

I let out a groan when Matt slapped my arm to wake me up

I let out a groan when Matt slapped my arm to wake me up. I hate being touched. "Hey Zen, your Angel is calling?" I immediately opened my eyes and soon realized the mistake I just made.

"Who's Angel, eh Zen?" He arched a brow suggestively. Fuck! Why is she calling now from all the possible times?

"One of my fuck toys!" I answered, trying to hide the panic. I'm sorry Katherine! You're far from that!

"Hello?" I asked, my voice was hoarse because I just woke up and felt somewhat still half asleep.

"Hi, um...it's me Katherine, I'm sorry that I woke you up!" Gosh, I missed that beautiful voice but I could not show that right now. So I did what I thought the best to avoid suspicion. Be a complete asshole.

"No, it's fine. What can I do for you?" My voice sounded annoyed but in reality her voice sounded like heaven.

"I'll be quick. Did Sarah come to the track these past days?" Her voice sounded upset. I'm a fucking asshole. I hate myself now more than anyone could imagine. She doesn't deserve this treatment.

"Why?" I asked harshly. Matt was attentively listening to our conversation despite pretending to clean his gun.

"I need to talk to her" Did anything happen? What did her sister do this time?

"What makes you think that I know where she is?" I asked in an accusatory tone but what I wanted to ask her was if something was wrong. Her voice sounded really sad and it was eating me alive to not know the cause. Probably I was adding fuel to her problems. Fucking asshole!

"Right. Thank you, have a nice day" Before I could say anything else she hung up and I more than deserve that. I pretended she was still there for my audience and said. "Alright, see you later Angel!" Then I pretended to hang up.

The guilt was killing me. I just fucked up my opportunity with a girl that was making me smile only by thinking about her. Fuck, I haven't smiled in ages, actually I don't smile. And here I was being an asshole to her. Fucking mission and fucking Matt!