52. New Places

AN: The picture above isn't an exact representation of the staircase and living room, but it's somewhat the idea. The staircase matches the placement I have in my head (above the couch, in the living room) but colors and items don't match.

•••

Today is the day.

It's all finished.

Delilah and George's dream house is no longer a mere dream. But a reality.

Arthur and Adonis had been hard at work with the construction and finishing touches, constantly going back and forth to get things together.

With George and Delilah furniture shopping on the side, the parents were constantly picking up items from the store and bringing them to the new place. With use of their wands and hands, everything was finished within a month and a half.

There was nothing the couple disagreed on, and it showed how alike they truly were. From the Floo entrance placement, to the color of the shades, Delilah and George fell in love with the idea of their house.

George wanted to give Delilah everything she wanted, and in return he got to watch her eyes as she spoke about her ideas. It seemed she seriously had a creative eye, and George had no reason to disagree with her color palettes or placement designs, they were all beautiful.

Of course Delilah did the same. She listened to all of his ideas, adding them into the plan and making sure they weren't too childish. With his ideas of marble counters to a secret passage way, she didn't know what to expect.

Now on April 22nd, the couple was blind folded by their families, so they could do an unmasking. They hadn't seen the house yet, considering they'd only given their parents vision boards and magazine cutouts of what they wanted.

"Nervous?" Fred asked, handing the couple blindfolds as they stood in the sitting room of the flat.

Del grinned, shaking her head as she flattened down the red ribbon. "Not at all, it feels like I've been waiting since forever for this house. And, no offense, but I'd seriously like for us to have our own place."

"None taken," Fred chuckled, "totally get it. Because I'd rather not continue to hear you both moaning when you forget the charm in the middle of the night."

George looked over at Del, "You said—"

"I was still half asleep when you woke me up," she shrugged, "I must've mumbled the spell wrong. Not like he hasn't heard me before, right?"

George clenched his jaw, nodding in defeat as she used his own words against him. She was right, though, Fred had heard her before.

"See, this move is good," Fred breathed. "You won't need the spell at all at your new home. Although, I will be lonely. . . So come around anytime."

"I'll see you at work," George rolled his eyes, "everyday."

"Except weekends! What will I do alone?"

"What you usually do," Delilah instructed. "I mean, you just do paperwork, cook, or watch tv right? And you're welcome anytime to our house— as long as you call ahead, though."

George agreed, placing his blind fold over his eyes and tying it behind his head. "We'll have a weekly dinner, how's that?"

"I like it," Fred cheered as Del put her blindfolds on too. "And we can switch off. One week it'll be at your place, then at mine, and we can decide who brings dessert! Ooh, this is gonna be fun!"

Del stuck up two thumbs, "Great. Now bring us to our new home!"

"Wait, let me get a picture," Fred jogged into his room, grabbed his camera, and jogged out. "For your scrapbook, you can call it: 'Our New Home'."