12. Willy

{peep the pictures;))) this is what Cassius would look like in my mind— mostly really pale, black curly hair, and light blue eyes. please imagine him anyway you would like:)}

tw: sexually explicit material not suitable for some viewers.

•••

"Willy?"

Her stomach dropped into her stomach at the name, and her heart began racing faster. Her eyes went wide as she looked up at the man in front of her.

"Cassius?"

Delilah stood up slowly from her seat, her knees quivering slightly.

"I'm sorry to. . . Interrupt your work," Cassius chuckled awkwardly. "I-I saw your name on the door, and I had to see if you were here. . ."

He slowly approached the other side of her desk as Delilah furrowed her eyebrows, "Why are you here?"

"I've been working at MACUSA in America since after the war," he explained, "And I've been recently transferred here— to London. I was told you are the head of an Auror office, and that was always your dream, so I wanted to check it out for myself."

Cassius' happy smile as he talked about her dream made Delilah blush slightly. He had remembered everything she'd told him all those years ago.

"I realize this is out of the blue," he said after a moment of silence. "I mean, we haven't seen each other in six years, but Willy, it's so good to see you again."

Delilahs stomach filled with butterflies as Cassius showed her his two rows of white teeth. His dimples formed with his smile, and his blue eyes shone into hers. He wore a white button up that was rolled up at the sleeves, and black trousers and black dress shoes. His shirt was ironed and a few of the top buttons undone, his curly black hair was tamed, properly dressed and proper looking, like he always was.

"I-I— it's good to see you, too," Delilah finally managed to stutter out. "Erm. . . Sit! Please, sit and tell me about your time in America."

Cassius took one of the seats in front of her, and she sat back in hers. She moved aside her paperwork, and stacked them up beside her.

"Have you been home yet? How's Maxi? And your parents? What department are you working in? Merlin, I haven't seen Maxi in so long. . ."

Cassius leaned back in his chair as he smirked at the rambling Delilah. Her eyes were bright as well as her smile, her posture was straight and her words were stuttering slightly.

She shut her mouth when she saw his smirk, "Sorry, I'm rambling. . ."

"It's cute," he chuckled, and Delilah pressed her lips into a firm line. "Maximus is good, I went by yesterday actually, he even asked me if I'd come by to see you. Obviously I told him I'd be seeing you today. . ."

Delilah nodded, beginning to fiddle with the small band on her middle finger and tap her left foot.

"You're nervous?" Cassius asked softly, making Delilah blush even more red.

"W-what are you talking about?" She chuckled nervously, looking around at her paperwork.

"When you're nervous, you tap your foot and play with your ring," Cassius pointed out, "You always did that when we were dating. You did it a lot at first."