55. Down the Aisle

AN: The pictures above are images that went through my mind when writing, and will be mentioned in the following chapter as the wedding theme. Feel free to change anything you don't like, and imagine the dresses or table designs as your own wants.

•••

"Goodmorning, my love. I cant wait to see you walking down the isle. I'm heading to Freddie's to get ready, everyone should be here soon to get you ready too."

Delilah yawned as she sat up, her eyes blinking away their sleep. She looked over to see George beside her side of the bed, still in his pajamas, and a wrapped tuxedo in his hand so she couldn't see the fabric.

He smiled at her. "I'll see you in seven-ish hours."

She leaned over to give him a kiss, but he pulled away. She frowned, looking up at him as he stood up.

"It's bad luck," he chuckled, "we can kiss later."

"I wanna kiss now," she whined, batting her eyelashes at him.

"I can't, I'm sorry," he looked at his watch. "I'm late."

"No you're not—"

"See you later, princess, I love you!" He ran out of the door, making sure to not listen to anymore of her words as he quickly apparated from the front porch.

Del huffed as she laid back down. She stared up at the ceiling for a few moments, her hands on her chest as she took a few deep breaths.

It was her wedding day.

She didn't know whether to feel overwhelmed with nerves and doubts, or excitement and joy.

Deciding the latter, she got out of bed, feeling a sense of giddy wash through her.

She couldn't help but feel like she was in some Muggle Romcom as she stood up and danced around, and a loud giggle escaped her lips.

She looked at herself in the large mirror her and George had hung up across from their bed, seeing her hair a mess and her t-shirt wrinkled.

As she looked longer, the band t-shirt or her messy hair didn't seem to matter to her. Only the ring that sat on her left hand, and the hickeys on the tops of her thighs.

She was getting married today.

She went to the closet she shared with George, and grabbed herself a silk robe she'd made sure to get for today. She grabbed her fluffy slippers from the floor and she danced down the stairs with a happy smile.

She climbed into the downstairs shower, using the burning hot water to cleanse herself of anything that might disturb today.

She felt silly thinking like that, but she wanted everything to go perfect. No intrusive thoughts, controlling mothers, or dress failures would stop her from marrying George Weasley.

She was just mentally preparing herself for that.

About an hour after her shower, after she'd ate breakfast and cleaned up the bathroom for the day, Hermione, Ginny, Lee, Athena, Claire, and her mother all showed up with supplies to get her ready.

"Perfect, you showered!" Hermione said first, a box of hair and makeup supplies in her hand as the group of them walked upstairs.

Delilah followed her, "Uh, yeah, you told me to."

"Where's your dress? I wanna make sure it's perfect before you put it on," her mother, Julie, quickly interjected, a smile on her face.