(3) Nickerito and Melony

"Anyone can tell who you are by just looking at you," Nick says running his hand through his hair. A Smirk plays on his face and I'm dying just to wrap my hands around his throat to make sure he wouldn't talk. I can't risk that. At all. One person knowing could spread easily like a wild fire.

"I highly doubt that," I defend shifting back and forth on my feet nervous. "What do you want?"

"What do you mean?"

"What do you want to keep you quiet?"

"Oh, I don't know," he walks into my house and I follow behind him.

"Maybe just a picture."

"A picture of what?"

"A picture of your face when I tell you that I'm only here to help/protect you."

I tilted my head a blinked repeatedly confused. Probably looking like a dog, I straighten my head back up and glare at Nick.

"Under whose orders?"

"Your parents. I really do live next door. I'm shocked you don't remember me from the constant summers spent out on the beach out there. But the thing is that I was asked to show you around and make sure you're okay and getting through everything. I promise, I'm not a crazy stalker person."

"I should honestly punch you."

"Do you still not remember me? I would always throw sand at you or even chased you with a crab halfway down to the ice cream stand down the beach?"

"Nickerito?!"

"Is that the nickname you gave me?" I nod. "Why?"

"Do you remember that one summer where you couldn't stop wanting burritos from Chipotle in 2006? You literally cried every time we passed ANY place that even sold a burrito."

"So I earned the name 'Nickerito' when we were 9?"

"In my defense, at that point in time, I still wanted a penguin, and elephant, and a monkey all as pets in my bedroom."

"Do you remember the time you tried to smuggle out your fairy costume from your house when you came over?"

"That's not as bad as you climbing into one of the claw machines to get me the rainbow unicorn stuffed animal I spent $10 on."

"I wasn't going to waste that, so I was going to get that toy for you."

"You got stuck and we had to call the fire department."

"But we got ice cream later to calm you down. Because you wouldn't stop shaking because I got stuck."

"Shut up. Now go, Nick. I really need to unpack."

"Let me help."

"No, now go."

"Why can't I help?"

"Because I'm trying to live on my own."

"Melony, I'm here to help you."

"Melony?"

"Yeah! I secretly gave you that name when you were obsessed with that movie, 'Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium.' You loved that girl in the movie, so I started to call you Melony!"

My phone goes off and its from an unknown number. Hesitantly, I answer the phone.

"Hello...."

"Mel?"

"Hum, who is this?"

"Melody, please. Just tell us where you are."

Jake.

"I don't know who Melody is. My name is Orion."

"Sure," Jake says sarcastically, "Melody, where are you?"

"My name is Orion."

"If you just tell us where you are, well come get you, and explain everything."

"I don't even know who you are. Leave me alone and don't ever call again."

"Orion," Nick calls playing along. "Come on! You're missing the best part of the movie. And you're missing me!!"

"Look, I don't know who you are, but I hope you find who you're looking for. Good bye." I hang up and let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding. Anger floods my veins and I throw my phone across the room.

"Are you okay?" Nick ask me slowly approaching me.

"They don't get it. They just don't get it!" I pull lightly at my hair and just go to my knees.

"What don't they get?"

"Everything!" I cry trying not to scream. "Jake wants me by his side every minute. Even after I found out what he did to me! He thinks I will forgive him if he just bats his eyes like he did when we were little." I move myself to the couch and stare at the blank TV. "It makes me mad that he thinks I will just come back to him, well not this time. I told them I HAD to go. It was an emergency. And what do they do? They yell at me telling me I'm not welcomed back. Good, I don't want to go back. Not to them."

"What about Ally and Liz?"

"They weren't downstairs. I'm not mad at them. If they called, I would actually talk to them. I mean, I wouldn't tell them where I'm at, but I would still talk to them and at least tell them I'm okay."

"Are you okay?"

I think about it. Am I okay? I'm I fine with the way everything has turned out?

Of course not! How would I be okay with someone close to me dying? Of course it was only a short time, but he had known of me and I had known of him way before we met in person. That counts for something right? It has to. Otherwise, this was all a waste. No love, no happiness, no fun pranks, no actually living life. What was spent running around hiding and actually singing has to count for something! I'm holding onto the one thing I have left.

It's not my pride or my dignity. God knows I lost that weeks ago when I left. It's not my life, I let that go a long time ago. It's not my smile, that's just hidden. It's not my tears, they still flow freely when I need them too and they never run out.

It's my small action of actually having feelings for someone. But the thing is, those feelings, parts for Taylor because he made me smile and was always there for me, but the other part....

The other feelings belong to Jake.

"Yeah. Yeah. I'm fine."

The pain I have is now because of Taylor leaving and also the fact that Jake is out there. Looking for me. He's looking for me, and that hurts even more. The guy I didn't even know I had the slightest feelings for still, is out there looking for me.

"But he hurt me," I remind myself.

"But what about when he didn't? What about when he cleaned your wounds? What about when you were at the party and you busted your head open? He helped you," My conscience reasons.

"It was all a game."

"How do you know?"

"It's just he played me. That's all. I'm fine."

"No you're not."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Should I write a Fanfiction? If I do, what should it do about?

*Please Comment, vote, fan, and answer the question above!!*