Part 9 | What is He Hiding?

Start from the beginning

Curiousity rose in me and I wanted to look at the books and pictures in detail but I stopped on my tracks when I heard him.

" Who gave you the permission to enter my room ? "

I turned to see Kartik looking at me dangerously.

" I just ....." Before I could possibly say anything, he held my hand and dragged me out of the small room. He locked the door and turned to face me.

" Didn't I make it clear at the beginning that I don't like ANYONE trespassing my room ?? " He roared. I moved back scared.

" Kartik I just wanted to know what's..." He suddenly pinned me to the wall.

" You don't have to know everything.  When I say no, I f***ing mean a no! " he slammed his fist against the closet door, right beside me.

He was so angry. This side of his was entirely new, something I have never seen or imagined.

" W-what's there to h-hide from me... " I managed to utter.

My stupid mouth can't shut!

" Don't test my patience Naira... Just because we are married, doesn't give you any rights to interfere in my life. Stay out of my life! " My eyes turned watery listening to him.

" I am being nice to you.... Don't bring the worst out of me. You wouldn't like to see it. Do you understand! " I nodded looking down holding back my tears.

I rushed out of his room without a further word. As I left his room I bumped on Arjun. He looked at me sadly. He heard everything.

" I'll talk to him." He assured me.

" You don't have to.... He probably don't want to tell me anything. " I held his wrist, stopping him.

He wants me to stay out of his life.... Right!! I don't care.

" I know he is not doing this right but Give him some time Naira... " Arjun pleaded softly.

" Now what do you think about having some fudge brownie at the cake gallery !!" He cheered me pulling me down to the living room.

" How do you know? " I asked him questioningly.

Fudge brownies at the cake gallery is one of mine and Aditi's all time favourite dessert.

" Is it Aditi ? " He just smiled at me sheepishly.

" What's happening between you two!?" I narrowed my brows at him.

" Huh... Nothing nothing... Just come now... " He pulled me to his car.
I just shook my head.

I have no energy in me now to investigate.

I don't wanna think about Kartik.

So I decided to think about my brownies....

-------------------------

It's been five days since We last talked to each other. He left to work early everyday so we didn't meet in the mornings. I went to bed way too early and pretended to be asleep but I was actually watching my favourite web series so we didn't meet at nights too.

Clearly I am not gonna initiate a conversation until he does.

Childish I know!

But he didn't make a single attempt to apologise.

It was Saturday and I am at his office along with Aditi.

for him ?

Of course not!

I just came here to submit the final layout of the resort exteriors. I gave it to the manager and told him to inform his boss.

We were about to exit his office when a man in suit rushed to us. He gave me a bouquet of white tulips saying it was sent in my name. Confused I took the flowers and thanked him with a smile.

" Let's see Who is hitting on you ...." Aditi searched for a card in the bouquet.
" Found it...."

" I am sorry, Mrs. Oberoi ! " I was taken aback. I snatched the card from her.

I am Sorry,
Mrs. Oberoi

Ps : you look cute when you make that angry face wifey.... 😉

" Mr. Oberoi finds you cute Mrs. Oberoi" Aditi giggled.

I looked high up and there he stood in the second floor looking at me, hands shoved into his pant pockets. My eyes met his unflickering gaze

Don't blush.... Don't blush... Keep a straight face girl!!

I am trying...

I turned back and walked out of the office. As the glass door closed behind me, I smiled seeing the bouquet in my hand.

" Someone is all blushy blushy.... " Aditi wouldn't stop teasing me today.

********

So there you go...

What is it that Kartik is hiding?

What's your guess

Let me know below

Don't forget to
Vote and comment
♥️

Stay safe guys