"Oh fuck off." Was Cassie's lame response as I turned and left my apartment.

I grabbed a cup of coffee and a bagel to make up for my missed breakfast. I drove a little less tensed now that I had Mel's permission. 

-------ROMY'S OFFICE-------

I greet Ted, the security in a hurry and run into the building, I know I got Melissa's permission to be late. I said thirty, but the traffic coupled with my leisure driving and my breakfast stop made it forty. I can only pray Mel doesn't fire me today.

I practically sprint to Melissa's office and was panting by the time I did reach there. I had climbed nine floors. nine-fucking-floors. because they forgot to fix the damn elevator. It also did a great job at reminding me how bad my fitness levels were.

I caught my breath and looked at the time. 8:47 AM. Forty-Seven minutes late. I could wave goodbye to my career after today.

Damn Andy and his stupid threesome idea. Damn the great sex.

Fuck. I took a deep breath and knocked on her door. I heard a soft 'come in' following which I stepped into the office preparing for the worst.

"You're forty-eight minutes late Miss Rogers." She said, her voice low, gave nothing away. But you know it's bad when she calls you by your last name. Her face remained perfectly neutral as she waited for a response.

I gulped. Melissa was both, a sweet, sweater-knitting, cookie-sneaking grandma and also a dynamic business mogul.

"I'm very sorry for my irresponsible behavior this morning, Miss Monroe, it was a mistake, one I will not repeat again." I say, casting my eyes downward. My apology was sincere, the regret I was feeling was true, my promise that I wouldn't repeat this kind of behavior, was also true.

Sure, I loved great sex, but I'd rather roll in my hard-earned money for the rest of my life, than have great sex and be financially dependent on someone.

I could feel Mel's eyes on me, judging, reading me.

"Okay fine. But this will be your first and only warning." Her voice circled me.

My shoulders hunched, I was sure the relief was evident on my face, because I heard Melissa chuckle and mutter something about kids these days.

"Romy remember, if you're hardworking and punctual.."

"...success follows" we finish the sentence. It was Mel's mantra.

She gives me light smile and kicks me out of her office. I move toward my office which was a floor below hers.

I see my secretary waiting for me with a worried look on her face. She was in her late thirties and had been working for Mel long before I started working for her. She was patient with me. Taught me as much as Mel did and guided me carefully, as a parent would guide their child.

"Romy, what did Melissa say, did you want me to talk to her? Is she being very stubborn? I can-"

I cut her rambling off by holding up a hand, "Ana, Mel is fine. I explained it to her that it won't happen again. She was satisfied."

"Oh thank god. I thought she might fire you, you know how she is about time right?" Ana explained, her eyes wide.

I simply nodded, not understanding how to respond that and decided to get to work. "Catch me up to speed Ana." I say, cracking my knuckles.

-----------10 HOURS LATER----------

I slump back into my chair after the hundredth fucking meeting of the day, impatient to finish my work and head home. I've had a hectic Sunday, an even more hectic week-day. I crave for the comfort of my bed.