Chapter 11

LUCIAN'S POV                                

                                  " Can we talk Lupus?" I questioned as I saw him descend from the staircase from god knows where it's been two and a half hour as he excused himself following behind the Alpha. He nodded looking at me as I motioned him to follow me outside the packhouse Alpha Sebastian was kind enough to offer us to wait for lupus in his house after an hour I sent Asher and Knight but stayed behind to wait for him, my brother.

                                  " When were you going to tell me that she was your mate Lupus?" I asked hurt evident in my voice as he looked at me in confusion before realisation dawned on him of whom I was referring to. He rubbed his face as he sighed facing me, he looked tired, exhausted dark circles visible under his eyes I dint know what was bugging him so much that made him look so miserable.

                                  " Looks like you finally decided to notice people around you" Ares voiced out sarcastically I frowned at his comment confused as to why he felt I ignored everyone around me I talk to them, joke around nothing changed.

                                 " You know it's not the truth Lucian, everything changed, you changed our bond with our brother and sister which should have been stronger is no longer strong and deep down you know it as well, its entirely your fault for pushing the people whom we loved away since you claimed a mate that day" he stated as a matter of fact

                                 " You are saying it's our mate fault? We should be happy and content we found our mate knowing what situation we are in she is the one who keeps us calm or else we would go ballistic, so don't drag our mate in this" I warned my wolf who scoffed rolling his eyes.

                                 " I am not dragging anyone in this Lucian I am stating the facts, claiming a mate doesn't mean ignoring the people around us, forgetting the huge responsibility on us, tell me one thing Lucian when was the last time we got involved in pack duties when was the last time we spent time with our sibling our Family. All I am saying is having a mate by our side should make us strong more focused on our goal but we are proving it wrong what would father think about this when he hears all this" Ares sighed shutting me off before I could respond to him

                                   " Lucian, are you even listening to me?" Lupus's voice bought me back to reality

                                   " O-oh sorry you were saying?" I questioned looking at him suddenly feeling guilty

                                  " Forget it, Lucian, you never wanted to listen," Lupus said sounding tired as he went towards his car driving off as I stood letting his words sink in me.

I woke up gasping for air all sweaty, I clutched my chest feeling it tighten rembering my dream or more like nightmares haunting me, those eyes which were once loving, soft, bright with kindness were chnaged to hurt, sadness, anger betrayal. this was the nightmare of mine from past few weeks , I looked at the clock to find it to be four in the morning , not wanting to close my eyes I got out from my bed for a early morning run before meeting my mate who had planned a double date for us and my sister who was newly mated to Keith.

" Sorry I am late, went for a early morning run and dint realise the time" I apologize sliding on the chair beside my cute little mate who narrrowed her eyes at me probably mad but I knew how to make her smile as I instantly pecked her lips mumbling an apology and turned my attention towards my sister who was busy explaining something to her mate as he stared at her like she was the most beautiful thing he had come across , I wondered this is how I look when I look at my mate.