Chapter 9

She laughed as the wind hit her face tickling her face, her mate increased his speed seeing his mate who sat on his back enjoying their ride. They were newfound mates who were enjoying their time in the presence of each other, the wolf slowed down near a river, the girl hoped down her mate as she ran and sat near the bank with her foot playing with the water. Her mate went behind a tree to shift but before he could shift his wolf caught the sight of a deer, he went behind it thinking he would hunt and present it to her mate who was waiting for him.

                                  With a deer in his mouth, the wolf proudly walked towards the river getting all excited to see his mate reaction but all his excitement vanished when he dint finds his mate near the river. Fear settled through him as he ran searching for his mate following her scent the deer forgotten as it lay near the river. It was almost dark as he searched the forest, her scent was everywhere his wolf panicked as many thoughts of his mate being in danger played through his mind. Having no luck in finding his mate he decided to take help and the only person he could think about was his best friend Ander whom he trusted with his life. When he came back to his senses he realised he had come far from his pack, letting out a puff of air through his snot he made his way back.

                                  It was midnight by the time he crossed his pack border, as his paws landed in his territory he let out a gut-wrenching howl of pain as he landed on the ground curling like a ball, he felt as if someone was ripping his heart out, every part of his body burnt as he howled in agony, he knew what was happening, he knew the feeling it was the same feeling he read in books. Unable to take the pain he shifted back to his human form as he followed her scent which leads him towards his friend Anders house. Eyes filled with rage he entered his house and followed her scent which was mixed with his friend's, his wolf howled painfully in his mind realising what had happened, her mate the one moongoddess chose for him had mated with some else who happened to be his best friend. 'It's not true' his wolf chanted running away from reality, blocking his human side. The man entered his best friend's room his eyes widened at the scene in front of him, rage-filled his veins, her mate was sleeping on his best friends bed who kissed her forehead before looking at the man stood at his door.

                              " You bastard" The man shouted as he ran toward his best friend punching him breaking a few of his facial bones. His best friend smirked.

                            " We both liked each other but unfortunately she found you as her mate, she was disgusted at the thought" his friend laughed as he saw a pained expression on the man who was fuming. 'It not true, It's not true' his wolf chanted in his mind but the man's rage overpowered for him to listen to his wolf nothing less for him to realise that her mate hadn't moved a bit at their loud noises. He dashed out hearing the words that left his friend's mouth unable to bear the pain of their bond breaking. He dint wait for her mate to confirm his friend's words, he dint trust her enough, he dint trust their mate bond, his insecurities made him see the truth, see that her mate hadn't cheated on him, she hadn't broken their bond, she would never do such thing, she loved him her mate whom , Moongoddess had chosen.

                             The secret which she had kept from everyone but one single person who had discovered her secret, Ander his mates best friend. She had planned to disclose her secret but before she could she was blacked out and when she opened her eyes she found herself in Ander's bed when she inquired how she had been there he had smiled and offered her drinking claiming it to be of medicinal purpose unaware of the poison she was about to drink which would create a barrier between her and her mate making her unable to identify her mate. It was the poison created by a first-ever witch who misused blessing from the Moongoddess herself blinded by the hunger for power which was ignited in her by Ander who himself was a power-hungry wolf. When, he discovered the powers she held with the help of the Witch. She had made the poison which consumed by unmated wolves made their wolf incapable of identifying his or her true mate instead his wolf would feel a pull towards a different person who takes the same drink but half of the amount, whereas if the poison taken by a wolf who had already found a mate  and her mate, the poison would create a false feeling of pain that his mate mating with someone else other than him while for her she would feel a false pull towards Ander who had the position which is half in quantity creating an impression of him being her mate.

                  I read during the next page but frowned when I found the bits of other pages giving out an impression of being torn. I looked at the person beside me to question but he was already looking at me, his eyes travelling between the torn pages and me. Its been few weeks since I came to school and many things have changed since my first day. I and Lupus have grown this thing where we understand each other just by looking at our eyes, I find peace when I am with him, we have grown close within a period which surprised both of us and he shared his dreams, his research and I volunteered to help him out during my free time rather than sitting and bearing the heart stabbing pain.

               " I too found the book in the same condition when I read it for the first time'' Lupus replied eyeing the book before looking at me with this look which I am unable to pinpoint.

              " But why did Moongoddess had shared this story with the king? And why would someone want to tear the pages? Why dint she mention- " Woah, Violet I too have the same question like you and you see that's what we are trying to find for the past few weeks," Lupus said stopping me midsentence making me glare at him who just smiled turning back to the book he was reading.

               "There is every kind of books here from the story of a first witch, vampires, wolves, and even moongoddess but" I trailed off my eyes focusing on nothing.

               " But what Violet?" Lupus asked curiously turning his attention from his book to me.

              " But why are there no books about the daughter of Moongoddess," I thought aloud focusing my eyes on lupus who looked deep in thoughts.

              " Daughter? We never knew Moongoddess having a daughter?" Lupus asked as he looked at me with confusion

            " Wait a minute, so you haven't known about the fact of moongoodess having a child with her mate whom she found when she made a revisit on earth?"I asked to which lupus shook his head.

           " Not only me but nobody from our pack knew the particular information," Lupus announced causing me to give him a weird look as it was a known fact in my pack.

           " Where did u find this Information?" He asked

         " Well, no book particularly but its what our packs ansestral notes say"I said .

         " Can I read them if u would allow me?" he questioned almost in a hurry to which I nodded

" We definitely could do that, but for now we should head to the cafeteria, we cannot let Accalia alone handle those two newly found mates," Lupus said as he stood up offering his hand for me to take which I took laughing we made our way towards the cafeteria.