Chapter 8

LUCIAN'S POV

The sound of the front door opening caused all of us to pause our discussion look towards the door, Nora and my friends were gathered discussing the movie we just finished. Lupus entered the living room where we were settled, he looked troubled but when his eyes met mine they softened as he was about it opens his mouth his eyes travelled beside me hardening on noticing Nora's presence. His behaviour irritated me since I announced Nora as my mate never once he had a conversation with her, every once in a while he would lose control over his wolf which would result in a heated argument between me and his wolf. Amy went up to hug him telling him how worried we were due to his strange behaviour, after assuring her he was fine he excused himself telling him he needed to be alone.

"I'll take my leave" I heard Nora voice breaking my train of thoughts.

" No you are not, you can stay over tonight it's late for you to leave now," I told leaving no room for discussion kissing her cheek as she smiled and nodded. Amy dragged her telling her she could share her bed and she wanted to have girl's time in her room. Once the girls left I turned towards Asher and Knight who was silently watching everything. They knew not to push my buttons when my wolf is pissed because of Lupus's behaviour.

" I'll see you at breakfast" with that said I existed in the living room.

" Lupus" I called as I entered his room.

"Lucian," He said matching my tone as he emerged from the balcony. His disrespect pissed my wolf even more causing him to fight for control. I closed my eyes momentarily before opening with a sigh looking at him who matched my gaze.

" Why are you behaving this way, we were never like this" I voiced out of not letting him know my inner battle with my wolf.

" I don't get what you are saying Lucian" he replied calmly.

" Give me the control Lucian'' My wolf's voice shouted at me, letting out a tired sigh I continued ignoring him.

" You know exactly what I'm talking about, you have grown distant, we were never like this, we never argued. We have never had our bro talks as we used to since the day I announced Nora as my mate. What changed Lupus?" I asked almost on the verge of losing my calm.

" What changed? You are asking me what changed, why don't you ask your so-called innocent mate of yours" he scoffed. Is he freaking scoffed at me? No one dared to talk back at me and he scoffed, I was shocked at his behaviour towards me even after knowing who I am.

" What is your problem with Nora? She never has done anything to you, why the hell do you dislike her?" I shouted my eyes turning red due to anger.

" You are so blinded by her that you fail to see the reality, you say I'm being distant but who was the one to make excuses of having dates arranged by your girlfriend, every single time I tried to talk to you, you would shut me down telling your girlfriend would feel bad if you leave her alone. What about how I feel when you made excuses and shut me down, the relationship of a year is more important than our relation which was since birth" he exploded his eyes turning red as well. Guilt started to consume me as I the images of every single time he came to talk to me, I pushed him away and here I was asking him why he changed while it was me whole changed the whole time. While I was drowning in my guilt my wolf taking this as his advantage pushed me back taking control.

            " Don't you dare disrespect me, Lupus, You know who I am to you" my wolf hissed taking a threatening step forward.

           " We both know you can't harm me even if you want and I haven't accepted you as my Alpha, yet" lupus wolf smirked. Everyone in our family knew Lupus's wolf was different, he never submitted to my dad, the Alpha of the Royal pack neither did he submit to my wolf even after knowing who I am to him, the only person he submits to is our king. Him standing against my wolf is making my wolf agitated, if someone else would have been in his place, he would be dead by now, but my wolf has never tried to attack or harm him no matter how much he disrespects us its as if something is holding him back from tearing him into pieces. My wolf growled at him before baking down and giving me control.

             " I think it is best if we stay the way we are, this way my wolf will not want to kill your girlfriend," Lupus said taking a seat on the couch.

            " Don't you dare try to harm her Lupus" I warned glaring daggers at him who was unaffected by it.

          " I wouldn't want to be in a meter distance with your girlfriend but I can't be sure about my wolf though," he said shrugging his shoulder.

         " I am asking you the same question once more, why do you hate her?" I asked.

        " You wouldn't want to know my brother and you would believe either, so let's go back pretending like nothing happened as we do for the past one year," he said concentrating on the book he was reading. Frustrated at his behaviour I stormed out of his room slamming the door in the process as I left the house shifting in midair into my huge brown wolf running into the woods.

 Frustrated at his behaviour I stormed out of his room slamming the door in the process as I left the house shifting in midair into my huge brown wolf running into the woods

A sigh escaped from my lips hearing my bedroom door slam. Both I and my wolf had no idea what changed between us, and I don't hate his girlfriend, I dislike her. Hate is a huge word to use against someone whom I have encountered a few times, those encounters made me dislike her. She wasn't what she showed to Lucian she was a bully along with her sister and her minions. I had caught her bulling the witch a few times along with her sister when I revealed this to Lucian but her stupid sister accused me of lying and being jealous as I liked Lucian's girlfriend which was a huge fat lie but my brother who knew me since we were children choose to believe them instead of me that was the first time we argued. I stopped trying to talk to Lucian but my wolf wouldn't he constantly mocked his girlfriend, constantly disobeyed him but no matter how much my wolf pissed Lucian and his wolf both of them would take turns to shout at us and stalk away never have they tried to fight with us.

I still remember the time when my wolf wouldn't submit to him when he got pissed and used his authoritative voice. It still confused me why my wolf was different, he submitted to our King but not Lucian or my dad. 'We choose whom we submit, we are different from other wolf born, we have a reason for our birth' my wolf had repeated the words of the lady in my dreams.

" We have many things to do Lupus, you better have rest" my wolf's voice bought me back to reality, letting out another sigh I went to have a shower before calling it a day.