1.09

Wolf's Bane

Laila, Scott, and Stiles currently sat in Dereks black Camaro, speeding down the roads of Beacon Hills in an attempt to distract Kate Argent. Thankfully, Stiles and Scott had made up, and Laila had reluctantly forgave Scott for treating Stiles in such a way. However, it was the full moon and it had hit Scott harder than any of them had expected it to.

But that wasn't important right now.

What was important was the fact that Kate and Chris Argent were chasing after Derek Hale after Scott made him one of the most wanted killers in the town - or even the state. While they had initially assumed Derek was dead, which led to pinning the blame on him, he clearly wasn't. He had managed to somehow heal from the wounds the Alpha gave him and he got away, which made Laila want to attack him because he left them there for dead, but she decided against it. If she tried to fight him, she would surely lose.

While Derek was running away on foot from Chris and the entire Sheriff department, the three teenagers were leading Kate away from him in his car. Scott sat behind the wheel, a look of fear on his face over the chase going down. Laila, however, was feeling such a rush of adrenaline, probably an even bigger rush than the night they were trapped in the school. There was something about speeding down the streets in a pricey car that made her heart race. She felt on top of the world.

"This would be so much better if the music was blasting and the windows were down," she commented. Stiles nodded, turning up the music as Scott cut a sharp corner.

"Faster?" Scott exclaimed over the music as Stiles looked out the back window.

"Much faster!" Stiles and Laila exclaimed when they saw Kate catching up. Scott shifted gears and pressed harder on the gas, the car flying down the road.

"Hey, Scott, I don't think you're grasping the concept of the car chase here," Stiles said nervously, noticing Kate catching up once more.

"If I go faster I'll kill us," Scott replied, gripping the wheel tightly.

"Well, if you don't go faster, they're gonna kill us!" Stiles countered.

"So either way we die," Laila pointed out, leaning forward in between the front seats. "That's nice."

Scott huffed, shifting the gear again and pressing harder on the gas. The tires screeched as the car sped up, turning a corner and taking off down the long road again. Laila whooped in joy as she felt the car go faster, her leg bouncing excitedly. She glanced back to check on where Kate was. Her eyes widened when she saw the streets behind them empty, Kates vehicle out of sight.

"They're gone," I informed, whipping back around to the front. Stiles pulled out the walkie-talkie and turned it on.

It cackled with static before Sheriff Stilinski's voice was ringing through it, "all units, suspect is on foot heading into the iron works."

"Oh, God," Laila muttered, putting her head in her hands.

Scott groaned and made a sharp turn, driving fast towards the iron works. The car sped down the narrow alleyway, skidding to a stop when we saw Derek huddled behind a forklift truck in attempts to hide from Chris. Stiles opened the door, shouting at Derek to get in before he was climbing quickly into the backseat next to Laila. Derek rushed towards the car and the sound of gun shots met the three teenagers ears as he moved. Laila widened her eyes, jumping when she heard a bullet bounce off the top of the car.