1.02

Second Chance at First Line

"What'd you find out?" Scott questioned, answering the Skype call from Stiles and Laila. Laila was half focused on the call, half focused on her math homework.

"What happened?" Lai murmured, raising a brow at her friends.

"Well, teen wolf over here went off the rails at practice and sent Jackson to the ground," Stiles explained.

Laila scoffed. "Good."

"It's bad," Stiles spoke. Laila shrugged. She hated Jackson. In her opinion, this was karma for all the shit he put Scott through over the years. "Jackson's got a separated shoulder."

"Boo-hoo," Laila muttered, rolling her eyes. She grabbed her calculator, punching in the numbers.

"Because of me?"

"Because he's a tool," Stiles and Laila replied simultaneously. Laila glared at him through the screen and Stiles flipped her off.

"Ass," she muttered, shaking her head and looking back at her notebook.

"Is he gonna play?" Scott asked.

"They don't know yet," Stiles replied. "Now they're just counting on you for Saturday."

Scott sighed, shaking his head in disbelief. Stiles leaned in, staring at something on his screen. Laila looked up, quirking a brow at his behaviour. His eyes were narrowed, trying to focus on something in the distance on his screen. Laila was about to question him, but then she noticed the hazy silhouette behind Scott. It was hard to see, and Laila found herself leaning in as well.

"What?" Scott asked instantly, watching as his friend grew pale.

The screen glitched, the boys freezing on Laila's screen. Her pen slammed down on the desk, and she was quick to type a few keys, trying to get it to work again. Stiles acted quick, typing in the chat. On the top corner of her screen, his message appeared.

It looks like-

That was all she saw before her screen froze entirely. She tried to type in response, but then she got the little spinning rainbow signifying she had to wait. Laila huffed in annoyance, moving to grab her phone. She stopped as the screen unfroze, the message loading in.

Someone's behind you.

"What?" Scott breathed in confusion, and then the man lunged forward. The screen cut black as the man pulled Scott out of the chair, which left Lai and Stiles to stare blankly at each other.

The two were frozen in their spots, blinking in confusion with their lips parted slightly. Laila had no idea what to even do, completely unsure if she should be worried, or if it was fine. Should she go check on him? Call him?

"Should we-?"

Laila shook her head. "I'm sure he's fine."

To prove her point, a couple minutes later, Scott was texting in their group chat. He told them he was fine, that he didn't die. Thank god for that. On the darker side, he was paid a visit from Derek. He practically threatened Scott, telling him if he'd play the game Friday, he'd kill him himself. Isn't that nice?