1.04

Magic Bullet

  Elaine and Allison were curled up comfortably under duvets, sleeping peacefully. One laid on the left side of the bed, the other on the right. They had no problem sharing a bed, Ellie had shared a bed with Lydia every time they had a sleepover. Besides, it didn't seem fair for one of them to get the bed while the other slept on the floor.

There was suddenly a noise from downstairs, waking the two girls. They both sat up in bed, glancing at each other in confusion. Ellie rubbed her eyes tiredly, drowsy from being awoken so suddenly. The two pushed off the blanket from their bodies, standing slowly and leaving Allison's room. The girls wandered into the hallway, peering over the railing at Mr Argent stood below. He was carrying a black duffel bag, car keys in his other hand. His jacket was clinging to his body, shoes on his feet. He was going out.

"What's going on?" Allison asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

Chris looked up at the two girls, smiling. "Your aunt Kate just texted. I'm heading out to pick her up."

"Is everything okay? It's two in the morning," Ellie said, face falling with concern and worry. She had heard plenty from Allison about her aunt Kate the day prior. The girl was over the moon about her aunt coming to visit and Elaine was ecstatic for both herself and Allison. She knew she was going to like her, she couldn't wait to meet her.

"Yeah, she's just having a little car trouble," Argent assured.

"Not serious, is it?"

Argent shook his head. "No, just a flat tire. Go back to bed, girls," he advised, smiling before leaving the house.

"Do you think she's alright?" Allison asked quietly, closing the bedroom door behind her. She ran a hand through her hair, nervously beginning to chew at her nails as she watched Ellie sit back in the bed.

"I'm sure she's okay. If your dad said she's fine, she's fine," Elaine assured, patting the bed beside her. "Don't worry. Let's go back to sleep."

"Okay," Allison replied, nodding lightly. She slowly got back into bed.

Ellie sighed, aware that her friend was in fact still worrying. Ellie turned on her side, smiling softly at her friend. "Your dad is with her, okay? She's going to be fine. Let's just sleep."

The next morning, Ellie woke up to Allison nudging her. Elaine groaned, rubbing her eyes and sitting up in the bed. Allison grinned before pulling her out of her bed and then dragging her to Kate's temporary room on the first floor.

The girls stopped at the door, eyeing the beautiful blonde inside as she scurried around the room, unpacking her suitcases. When she finally looked up, her eyes widened in surprise before a grin made its way on her lips. Allison screamed happily, rushing inside and hugging her aunt, who immediately wrapped her niece up in her arms. Kate looked at her niece, slight shock on her face.

"I don't see you for a year, and you turn into a freaking runway model?" She asked, smiling.

"Oh-" Allison began, leaning against the bed. Her cheeks heat up, smiling widely at her aunts words.

"Look at you! I hate you." Kate said, cutting her off.

"I haven't even showered yet."