16 | Blazing Black Fire

-GRIEF AND WRETCHEDNESS-

_______

- FLASHBACK -

"Hyung..." Jungkook calls out softly from behind a door while knocking.

"GET LOST. BECAUSE OF YOU, MY SISTER IS DEAD," a voice responds, filled with anguish. A teardrop falls from Jungkook's closed eyes.

"I-I am sorry..." Jungkook apologizes, though it wasn't his fault.

"Do you think a sorry will bring my sister and Raya back?!" The door suddenly swings open, revealing Jimin, his face streaked with dried tears, his breath heavy with anger.

"I... I... am s-sorry," Jungkook stammers, his voice barely audible. In an instant, Jimin's vampire speed kicks in, and he grabs Jungkook by the neck, slamming him against the wall, cracking it slightly with his strength.

Jimin's eyes turn red, veins bulging in his neck as he seethes, "Say you're sorry, AGAIN. I dare you."

Jungkook bites his lip, tears welling up in his eyes as he continues to look down.

"H-Hyung..." Jungkook cries, his words trembling.

"Don't show me your filthy self again," Jimin growls, releasing his grip on Jungkook's neck and storming away.

"I don't even want to be with you for even a second," he adds before bursting out of the main door and into the night.

Meanwhile, Taehyung emerges from the kitchen, wearing gloves as he attempts to prepare something to eat, despite living with two volatile vampires.

"Did you and Jimin fight?" Taehyung asks casually, noticing Jimin's departure and Jungkook's tearful state.

Jungkook doesn't respond, just letting out a whimper before using his vampire speed to retreat to his room and slam the door shut.

Taehyung sighs and shakes his head, muttering to himself, "Now I have to deal with these two temperamental vampires."

Inside his room, Jungkook opens his desk in a rush, throwing various items to the floor in frustration. He eventually retrieves an oak dagger, holding it with a tortured expression.

He gazes at the dagger, his hands trembling with fear. He contemplates positioning it at his heart, but the fear of death paralyzes him, leaving him in agony.

- END OF FLASHBACK -

______