Chapter 67: Drama, Drama, Drama

Start from the beginning

Aizawa only spares me a glance as I made my way to Todoroki. "You don't need to be here if you don't want to." The boy besides me says again, just like before we stepped inside the car. "I'm here if you need my support. I just hope it won't be that awkward."

He nods and we two walk to the door. It didn't take long for them to open it after Todoroki ringed the doorbell.

~

Eating with the three siblings is enjoyable. I guess they wouldn't have talked much when I wouldn't be here. Because most of the time, I asked questions or they asked questions about me. Not many though, because after a question, a conversation would be built up and Fuyumi and I would talk the most. Todoroki and Natsuo are rather from the silent type.

"School was actually never mine. The medical apartment once picked my interest as a child, but after some time it stopped." My interest faded when I started to despise hospitals. And that was when I was brought there every time I had an injury that nobody should see. Just so my foster parents could hide the fact that I get abused.

"Oh? Natsuo here is currently studying for a degree in medical welfare." I looked at Natsuo, who himself looked up from his soba at the mention of his name. "College? How old are you?"

"19," I hummed. "You could have been partners if you were still interested in the medical apartment." Fuyumi added and I shake my head at that. "I doubt that. I lived in another city, so if I would have been a nurse, like I wanted to be one, then there couldn't be a chance that we would have ended up in being partners."

"You wanted to be a nurse?" Todoroki asks, after swallowing the soba that he chewed on. "Yeah,"

"Even though with a quirk like yours?" I nod. "I developed my quirk when I was 5 and in that age I looked up to my mother. She was a nurse herself before she was pregnant with me." My mother was so much that I am not. While she was thinking about saving lives in my age, I take lives. I admired her when I was a child. Every time she wrapped an injury of mine, I watched with curiosity and awe.

The door slides open when Fuyumi opens her mouth to say something. We all turn our head to the door and Fuyumi welcomes the man. "Welcome back!"

Endeavor steps inside and says, "It's been a while."

"Shoto got permission to leave the campus for this. And I invited Mavis so we could get to know her better." Endeavor looks back at me as I take my mug and take a sip from the green tea. Nodding slightly. "I asked their teacher to come in, too, but he didn't want to. Anyway, let's celebrate you finishing a big job! Right?"

I am full, so I stay with drinking my tea. Todoroki stops eating and looks up to his father, still standing in front of the table. "That's a bad scar." I force myself to swallow the sip that I took which results in me coughing hard. So I look away from the table and hit my chest with my fist multiple times. Fuyumi reaching out to help me.

Holding up my left hand to stop her, she reluctantly sits down on her seat again. I felt Todoroki's hand on my shoulder as I composed myself and I look at my left side to the boy. He resumes to hold eye contact with his father, who says nothing after Todoroki's comment. A glance at Natsuo, and I see him eating his soba as if nothing happens.

"Hey, you two! You promised to celebrate today, remember?" Fuyumi says in a hushed tone. "Dad's finally trying to think about his family and everything! Even if you hate him, don't let it show on your faces so much! Mavis, help me!"

What should I do? I'm just an outsider who is now in the middle of a family problem! "I can hear you." Natsuo places his chopsticks and plate down. "Sorry, Sis." He stands up while saying, "I don't think I can do this."

Fuyumi moves to stop Natsuo from going away, but he is already going to the door. When the white haired boy slid the shōji farther for him to leave the room, Endeavor places a hand on his shoulder. "Natsuo," the boy stops for a second to hear his father out. "If you have something to say, then say it."

"Say it? Give me a break." Natsuo slapped Endeavor's hand away. "You know, I only found out today that Shoto likes soba." One look at Todoroki, and I see him still eating his soba while watching the scene unfold. If he is bothered, he doesn't show it. "Because you didn't want him to have anything to do with us failures."

I blink at that. Failures? Has he forgotten that I'm still here? Or does he just not care? "For some reason, it seems like Mom and Sis are both ready to forgive you. But in my head, you're still a crazy bastard. It seems like you've changed, but you haven't changed at all. Neglecting us. Even if you became the number one hero and defeated a strong enemy, that doesn't make it disappear from my mind..."

He balls his hand into a fist as he continues. "Mom's screams, Shoto's crying, and what happened to our big brother, Toya..." He hit the side of the shōji with his fist. "You had a change of heart on your own! Trying to patch things up one sidedly! It disgusts me!" It goes quiet for a moment when Natsuo stops shouting at his father.

"I plan to face you all from now on and atone for what I did." Is the only thing Endeavor says after his son's outburst. "Oh, yeah? Sorry, Sis! Thanks for the food! Nice to got to know you, Mavis." Natsuo turns around and waves at us briefly before going away. Fuyumi calls  after him and stands up, rushing where he stood, but she lets him go and leans on the shōji that Natsuo hit just a minute ago.

I don't know what I should do. I'm only here to be another spirit, like Fuyumi said, but standing between a family problem? I don't even know them that well. Fuyumi mumbles a 'jeez' and cups her face with both her palms. "It's no good after all, huh? Shoto started seeing Mom, and Dad's compromising... Mom's started smiling..." She mumbles to herself, before walking to the boy besides me and stopping him from eating his soba. She grips at Todoroki's arm and shoulder with both her hands. "I was so happy, Shoto!"

"Sis. It's the first time I've seen Natsu show so much emotion."

1809 words