chapter 29: destroy

Start from the beginning

my eyes dart across the table and my father seems furious while my brothers look both mad and upset. I look over at Hazel and she shrugs her shoulders.

"So we found out some interesting information from Blaise." I tilt my head, popping a raspberry in my mouth. "What did you find out?" my father looks up at me.

"your childhood" oh fuck no my stomach drops "what do you mean my childhood" my father picks up his mug taking a long sip please say your joking

Hazel grabs my hand and I look at her. My father puts his mug down  "when were you gonna tell me the truth about the scar on your back,or everything that 'training' consisted of" calm down nik i can feel the anger creep in.

"when were you gonna tell me she threatened you with the 'family business'" please just shut up the anger is more noticeable now "when were you gonna tell me about sar-"

"ENOUGH!" i jump out of my seat standing up and slamming the table "don't say her name," I swallow hard "niki we just- we didn't know how bad it was" my eyes dart to antonio "shut up antonio" i'm pulled back down by hazel.

I look over at her and she sends me a stern look as she gently grabs my hand. "I knew the story about your back was bullshit" my father rolls his eyes causing my jaw to clench "what about all the interrogation sessions" my eyes fill with tears and I push back blinking them away.

tied to the chair in the industrial basement the straps keep me in place "ok niki,you're gonna tell me or this is going to hurt" she holds out a knife "please mom i didn't sneak out i swear" tears flowed onto my cheeks.

They were tears of fear. I had snuck out but it was to see hazel. We were bored and wanted to run through the city. "i didnt" i shake my head and she grabs it roughly with her hard "i know you did. who did you go see" i knew u couldn't rat out hazel she couldn't be in thin ice with her mother,she wanted to come out and needed her mom to be in a good mood

"stop crying like a pathetic little bitch i didn't raise you like that" she takes her knife and slashes my arm a few times. "please stop!" I cough from how much I'm crying.

"oh suck it up niki and tell me the goddamn truth!"

"AH! nik you're hurting me!" I look over at Hazel and her hand is being crushed by me gripping so hard. "I'm sorry" i pull my hand away. "it's okay" i turn my head to my father and stefano wipes a tear off my cheek oh you've got to be kidding me.

"nicoletta,talk"

my jaw clenches "you already know everything why are you asking" i scoff "you already know she threw me into a wall spilliting my back open,you already know that she left me in some fucking house in the woods and when i came home she could give less of a shit about me. you know would strap me down and torture me! you already know that she made me look at my dead friend at the ripe age of nine? you fucking know everything why do you have to hear it from me"

"he told the bare minimum,i need all of it" my father still looks angry "well you and your needs can fuck off" i push myself out of my seat and head to the basement "Niki! what are you doing." I don't turn around and i keep my eyes straight.

"to do what i do best. destroy" i walk downstairs anger bubbling inside me. i hear a bunch of calm footsteps behind me "if any of you do so much as touch me i will dislocate your limbs"

I continue to walk until I'm at the end of the hall. The door cracked open and I step in. walking up to blaise i look at him all bruised and bloody.

Why is the blood so fresh? then it hits me. they forced him to talk i touch my finger to the blood running from his nose "why is this so fresh? would anyone like to explain"