Chapter 37

Luke, mom and I are in town with the twins, to shop some new clothes for them. Luke and I also just go our own way, but we stay a bit close. "Oh mom, I'm gonna go there real quick, I really need some new underwear." I say and point at a lingerie store. "You can stay with mom if you don't want to come." I say to Luke. "No I'll come. I'm not scared of some underwear." He says and I roll my eyes with a laugh.

I walk into the store with him and look around. "How is their so much underwear in here?" He whispers to me. "You never been in here have you?" He shakes his head. "I'm gonna enjoy this." I say and chuckle. I go to the sales and skip through the racks. "Can I help you with anything?" A lady asks me. "No, I'm just looking for some new underwear. Nothing special." "I suppose the gentleman is with you?" She points at Luke, who is looking amazed at all of this. "Yeah that's my boyfriend. He had to choose between going with my mom to a kids clothing store, or this."

"I see. Are you sure I can't help you with anything?" I nod. "I'm sure." She nods nods walks to Luke. She takes him to the side and I laugh at the site. He looks at me with a panic face. I blow him a kiss and continue shopping.

Once I have a few cute sets I go to pay for them. Luke went outside to escape the madness. It's quite funny actually. I pay for the stuff and go outside with the little bag. He looks at me with a smile as I walk out. "Was it too hard for you?" I ask with a laugh and he nods. "How did you get her away from you so fast?" He asks as we go back to the kids store. "Be confident and continue saying no thank you." I say and shrug. "Yeah no thanks. I'm never going in there again." He says and shivers. I laugh and we wait in front of the kids store.

Mom walks out with the boys and we go to a Cafe to eat. "Oh sweet, that now comedy is in cinemas." I say and point at the sign, above the doors. "Oh we definitely have to go soon." He says and I get pretty excited. We go into the Cafe and sit down.

"What can I get for you today?" A waitress asks. "Can I get a plate of French fries for the kids, and coffee and apple pie for me?" "Absolutely." She write it down and looks at us. "Can I have a Diet coke and so you still have those grilled cheese sandwiches?" "We certainly do." "I'll have that then." "I'll just have a plate of fries and a Fanta." Luke says and the waitress nods. "Coming right up." She walks away and I look at the twins.

"Can they stop growing already?" I say and Luke smiles. "I can't help you with that." He says and I give Elliott the little car he dropped on the ground. "Thank you." He says and continues playing with the car and James.

The food arrives and I immediately start eating. "Whooww, someone's hungry." Luke says and laughs. "Sorry, I haven't eaten since early this morning." "I told you to eat something before we left." Mom says and shakes her head. "Yeah yeah I know." I say and another bite of my grilled cheese sandwich.

As I take a sip of my drink I look around the Cafe. Suddenly I see something that makes me choke on my drink. Luke looks at me like I went insane and I hide myself under the table. "What on earth is she doing?" Mom says. "Luke give me a knife." I whisper and he looks at me with a raised eyebrow. "What?" "Just give me the damn knife." I say a bit irritated and he gives his knife. "Mrs Sloane?" I hear. "Here's the knife." I say and get up from under the table. "Jacob. What are you doing here?" Mom asks.

"I'm traveling around the country, with my girlfriend." He points at the very pretty girl at the counter. "Lex, who's this?" "Oh right." I say and laugh a bit. "Jacob, this is Luke my boyfriend. Luke this is my ex." "So you're the guy who left her, when her dad was sick?" He says and people look up to us. "Of course you told him that." Jacob says to me and I give him a smile.

"So who's the new chick?" I ask and he turns to her. "Angel, sweetie, could you come here for a second?" "Angel?" Luke says. "That's her name." Jacob says and the girl comes up to us. "Hi booboo bear. Who are these people?" She says with an extreme high voice. I really have to try not to burst out in laughter.