Chapter 19

I walk out of the psychiatry department in the hospital and see Luke waiting for me. "And? How was your first session with the psychologist?" "Really good. It's good to finally talk to someone about my dad's passing." I say and he hugs me. "I'm glad about that. Lets go celebrate with pie." He says and puts his arm around me we walk out of the hospital, and go to one of the cafés in town.

"Two of your finest pieces of apple pie please." Luke says to the waitress. "My mom said yes to a puppy by the way. It took me almost 3 weeks of asking for it, but she caved. I get to have a puppy." He laughs. "That's great. Now we have to think of names though." He says and I smile. "One step at a time Lu." I say and we both laugh. "Oh and there's there's party at Eddie's house tonight. I was wondering if you wanted to come?" "Sure, but we have to watch the drinking though." I say and laugh. "Yeah we don't want another tantrum." He says and I slap his arm. "That was not a tantrum." I say and he laughs. "Sure."

The waitress brings us our pie and I thank her. "But sure, I'll come. I'll just have to ask my mom to be sure." "Call her." "Now?" He nods. "Alright." I say and take my phone. I dial her number and the phone rings.

"Hi honey."
"Hey mom. I have a little question. Is it okay if I go to a party with Luke tonight? It's at Eddie's house."
"Sure. Just be sure you make it home okay."
"I will mom. At it's worst I'll crash at Luke's house. Love you, bye."

"I'm free to go." I say and he smiles. "Crash at my house? My parents aren't even home." "I know, but if I tell you it your house she won't be too hard on me. She trusts you." I say and he chuckles. "Alright alright." He says and we eat our pie.

***

I walk into the house with Luke and see a lot of dancing people. "Let's go find Eddie." Luke says and holds his hand on my waist. We find him in the kitchen and they give each other a bro hug. I give Eddie a hug and take a drink from the fridge. "Hey Eddie, keep on eye on how much he drinks please. He still needs to drive us back." I say as they're talking. "I'm sorry, did I just become his girlfriend?" Eddie says and laughs. "I won't drink more than a beer. I don't want us getting an accident." Luke says and smiles at me.

"Alright. I trust you. Eddie which bathroom had not been touches yet by these hooligans." "You can use the bathroom in my room." He gives me the key and I walk away from them. I go upstairs and try to figure out what his room is. I try a few doors and find a locked on. I try the key and the door opens. I close the door behind me and pinch my nose. It smells so bad in here. I walk through the room to the bathroom, which looks surprisingly clean. I go to the toilet and wash my hands after. I get out of the room and lock the door. I go back downstairs and search for Luke and Eddie. I find Eddie but no Luke.

"Here's the key. Where's Luke?" "He said he went outside." Eddie says and points at the backyard. I find my way through the crowd and open the door to the backyard. I see him sitting in one of the chairs with a beer. "Hey, why are you outside?" I ask and he looks up. "I wanted to wait till you got back. It's easy to lose people in there." He says and gives me a little smile. "Okay? You wanna go back in or not?" "Just a moment more." He says and I see him looking up to the sky. "What are you looking at?" He taps his leg and I sit down on his lap.

"Right there, is big bear. The steel pan looking figure. And the little one over there is little bear. It always calms me, seeing the stars." He points and then puts his arms around my stomach and I put my hands on his. "Yeah it sure looks pretty." I say with a breath. "I love the night sometimes. Everything is quiet and all you see up in the the are balls of light, that are like a gazillion miles away from you." "It's not really queit right now though." I say and chuckle. "You get the point." He says and kiss my cheek. I look at him and smile.

"Let's go inside." I say and get up. I hold out my hand but he doesn't get up. "Do you even want to be at the party?" I ask and he looks at me. "Do you want me to pretend I don't feel good, so you have to bring me home?" He gives me a reassuring look. "Alright come on." I say and rub my cheeks a little. I put a sad face on and he gets up from his chair. We go back inside and we find Eddie. "Hey listen, I gotta go. Alex doesn't feel too well, and I don't want to leave her alone." He shouts to Eddie since the music is so loud. "She seemed fine just now." Luke looks at him and Eddie nods. "Feel better Alex." Eddie says and winks at me. We go out the door and get to his car.

"Are you gonna tell me why you don't want to be at the party?" I ask as we get into the car. "I'm just not really in a party mood anymore." "Not even half an hour after we arrived at the party? There's more to this." "I just don't want to spend more time at useless parties like this, when I also have to think about the fact I have to watch you too. At first I would go to a party without worries about anything, I'd drink myself to the ground, and then crash into Eddie's guest bedroom." "Well maybe it's an improvement." "Yeah I think so too, but it just hit hard for a moment." "I get it. Let's just go to your house and watch a movie or something." I say and he nods.

He unlocks the door and we go inside. I walk up to the puppies who are making a lot of noise. "Hi my babies." I say with a high voice. I get into their little area and sit down. They jump up to me and give me kisses. I pet them and gives them hugs. "You know that place is not clean right?" He says and I nod. "They are too cute." I say and focus on the puppies again. "You want something to drink?" He asks from the kitchen. "How about wine?" "Really? I thought you didn't want alcohol." "Well now I do." I say and get up.

I walk away from the puppies and take off my jacket in the hallway. I see him standing in the kitchen trying to figure out how to open the wine bottle. I go to his back and put my hands on his back. I hear him chuckle and I slowly put my hands around his stomach. He puts one hand on mine for a second and then starts wrestling with the wine bottle again. "Here let me." I say and get next to him. I take the cork screw and fix it within a few seconds. "Nice." He says and takes two glasses. He fills them and gives me one.

We go to the living room and sit down on the couch. "Let's watch a movie." I say and take the remote. I go to Netflix and scroll through the options. "Have you watched bridgerton?" He asks. "No, but I'm not watching that with you. You're adorable and all, but I do not need to see you all, you know." I say and kind of nod at his pants area. He laughs and takes a sip of wine. "You are funny." He says and takes the remote from me. He goes through the movies and puts one of the movies on we've already seen a thousand times.

I rest my head against the couch and feel my eyes getting tired. "I'm gonna lay down on your lap." I say and he nods. I take the last sips of my wine and puts the glass on the table. I take one of the small pillows and put it on his lap. I lay down and put my left hand on his upper leg. We continue the movie and at one time I move the pillow on its place again and lay my hand under the pillow. He suddenly starts sitting up more straight and I hear his breathing get heavier.

"Hey Lex." He says a little soft. "Hmm?" I say. "Can you move your hand? It's not really in a perfect spot right now." Then I realize where my hand is located. "Oh shit. Sorry." I say and turn on my back. He ignores my look and looks at the tv. "Why are you acting ashamed?" I ask and he looks down. "I'm not." He says and then looks at the tv again. "Really?" I ask and sit on my knees. "Yup." He says, still avoiding eye contact. I pause the movie and it kinda makes him have to look at me. "Are you scared?" I ask and look him straight in the eyes with a little smirk. "What? No ofcourse not." He says a bit confused. "Then what is it? I know we haven't really gotten to the big point yet, but you're acting like it's a sin that you're being a guy." I say and look at the pillow for a moment, which is covering his area.

"No, that's not it. I was just not sure how to handle it. Like you said, we haven't really reached that stage yet." He says and looks at me. "Yeah okay. That makes sense. But don't ignore me." I say and smile at him. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom real quick." I say and give him a kiss. I get off the couch and go to the hallway. "Hey Lu, can I grab one of your sweatshirts. This dress is not really that warm." I shout. "Yeah sure." He shouts back. I go upstairs and use the bathroom there.