Hmmm let me think... Does does her name have six letters and start with the letter 'S'?

"What?" I questioned, already anticipating his answer.

"If I had someone to run to at the end of the game like the other guys." He shrugged, his words had softened, as he scratched the back of his head.

It seemed like a part of him was growing tired of pining after Serena when she gave him nothing in return. I didn't even know how to help him because Serena's reasoning for not wanting to get involved was valid.

"Jungkook!" Serena groaned, turning to face him.

"Yes baby?" He smiled, cocking his head to the side like a puppy being called by its owner.

"Don't call me- never mind," She stopped herself before continuing, "even if I did give you a chance, which I'm not going to, I'm never going to be the girl you want me to be. I won't run to you during a football game, I won't sit on your lap at a party to show everyone that I'm yours... I'm never going to be like Marianna and her posse. Once I finally find a guy, it's going to be so much more than a stupid high school romance that won't last more than three months... Don't you get that?"

She didn't even wait for him to reply before walking off to first period. I was left awkwardly staring at Jungkook, who was fumbling for words.

"Jungkook..." I let out softly, feeling bad for him. He was trying so hard and getting nothing in return, but at the same time Serena had been nothing but clear. She didn't lead him on, she didn't entertain his devotion to her or use it to her advantage.

I guess they just weren't meant to be.

"It's okay Georgie, you don't have to." He stopped me, fiddling with his fingers. "It's hard, you know. Being so in love with someone that doesn't love you back."

"Believe me, I know..." I scoffed. Jungkook and I were more alike than it seemed.

"You're in love with Taehyung, right?" He asked, hushing his voice.

Oh fuck, even Jungkook knows.

"Is it that obvious?"

"Yeah, everyone knows? I didn't realise it was a secret..." I couldn't help but applaud Jungkook for his bluntness. "If I can give you any advice Georgie... it would be to not give up. Things aren't always as they seem, believe me when I say that." He had a look in his eyes that intrigued me, that made me think he knew something more.

"Ok-okay." I stuttered, nodding at him curiously.

"Got any advice for me?" He chuckled, glancing over his shoulder at where Serena was stood outside the classroom with her arms crossed. "She thinks I'm some superficial teenage boy that only thinks with his dick, doesn't she?"

"Mmmm." I nodded, "I guess my advice would be to prove to her you're not."

"It's not just a crush, I'm beyond in love with her Georgie." He admitted, smiling gently at his revelation. "She's amazing, everything about her. I don't want her to change for me, I want her to stay exactly the same."

"Then tell her that, don't be cheeky or jokey about it. Tell her how you feel properly this time."

"I suppose I won't lose anything by trying."

Giving me an awkward hug, Jungkook turned and made his way down the hall, surprisingly blanking Serena as he walked past. I know I couldn't promise him a good outcome, but he was right, he had nothing to lose.

I strolled down the hall to meet Serena, who was yawning away like she didn't just crush a guy's dream, and stopped in front of her with my hands on my hips. "You're cold, you know that right?" I said, shaking my head at her.