✾10✾

The younger princes and their personal guards and servant already left the Park castle a few days ago, and Seonghwa and Hongjoong were as busy as ever.

The prince's schedule was reduced while his friends were with him, but now that they left the ignored task have piled up so much that Seonghwa stayed up all night one night just to finish at least half of his work, and Hongjoong had to follow him around everywhere and help the older as much as possible. Another thing that Hongjoong's been stressing about is a figure that he would see at least once everyday ever since the princes' sword practice, he has no clue what it is or why he keeps seeing it but he would just brush it off as being tired and stressed.

Today though, as Hongjoong looked through the prince's task, there wasn't a lot things for them to do. Which was a relief for them. Seonghwa's morning classes with Eden was about to end, after lunch with his parents he would be doing a few paper work that his father gave him, and lastly a patrol around the village. Hongjoong's bet they would be done before dinner time at most, which means more time for relaxation.

On his way to pick the raven-head from the observatory, Hongjoong was so occupied with going over his task he bumped into a person. He glanced up to see who he ran into and it was a woman that looked so vaguely familiar to him, the blond had seen her before but can't really remember who she is. Catching sight of another figure, Hongjoong froze in front of the two women.

It was the queen and her personal handmaid.

“Y-your majesty... Oh, here let me help” Hongjoong got up and helped the handmaiden to stand back up on her feet, Hongjoong even did the right thing of picking up the few papers she dropped.

“I'm so sorry for what happened” He bowed where his body looked like an upside down L.

“Ah, don't worry about it, a little fall never hurt anybody” The maiden said smiling gently, Hongjoong returning the smile as well.

“Your my son's personal servant am I right?” The queen asked, The blond now gave her his full attention even going through the trouble of fixing his posture.

“Yes I am”

“What's your name?”

“It's Kim Hongjoong, your majesty” He bowed again.

“Please no need to bow, just relax and also call Mrs. Park, I was never really fond of the 'Your majesty' or 'Her Highness' something along those lines” She said.

'Now I know where Seonghwa gets it from' Hongjoong thought to himself.

“Well then your ma- I mean... Mrs. Park, you must excuse me for I still need to get your son from his classes” Just as he was about leave, the queen tugged back on the servant's arm.

“Before you go Hongjoong, I just want to let you know that I'm... Well, thankful that someone like you is looking after Seonghwa. I know that he can come off as a cold person and that he can't really express his emotions well, but I'm hopeful that you'll be able bring back the old Seonghwa” 

The queen's eyes became glossy as tears filled her eyes, waiting to be released. She remembers why her son was like this now, she remembers it very well. The pain, the anger, and the heartbreak. Oh how the queen just wishes that she could take away all of it, but the damage has been done, she only wishes now that her son could look past those memories and have better ones with the right person.

“Oh thank you, he was a bit of a handful to deal with but I try my best”

Hongjoong wanted to ask about the part where she said about bringing the old Seonghwa back but was interrupted by someone coughing behind him. Speak of the devil, it was Seonghwa himself carrying his books in one arm.

“Where were you? My tutoring session ended a while ago and I was waiting for you to show up, did something happen?” His right eyebrow was raised, he wasn't aware that his mother was literally just behind his servant, yet that gave the queen a chance to see with how he was around his servant. More specifically how he acts around Hongjoong.

“Nothing happened, I was just-”

“Was just talking to me” The queen cut the servant's words.

“Mother? I didn't see you there. What were you and Hongjoong talking about?”

Seonghwa who finally noticed his mother, thought that it was odd that she was talking to his servant so he pulled Hongjoong slightly behind himself, and the grip that he had on the blond's hand made Hongjoong feel things. And the queen wasn't blind to see that.

“Oh Nothing important, I just told him how you're such a hassle to take care of” She said in a joking manner, making Hongjoong stifle his giggles, but got shut up when the prince looked back at him.

“How about you give Hongjoong your books and walk with me to the gazebo before lunch, there is something that I need to talk to you about”

The raven-head faced his servant and gave him a questioning look. Something in him was telling him not to leave the the blond alone. He has noticed that the younger was acting a bit off but everytime Seonghwa would ask about him, Hongjoong would change the topic or tell him that he was only tired. But the prince felt that there was something more to that than just tiredness.

“Actually I think I left something in my room, so how about we both go and I'll meet you at the gazebo just before we have lunch”

“That isn't necessary your Highness, I can handle going to your room alone. I'll bring your book backs and get the thing that you forgot about then I'll head straight for the gazebo. Here” Before Seonghwa could retaliate, Hongjoong stole the book from the older's hand.“What was the thing that you forgot?”

Thinking that he can't change the other's mind, Seonghwa sighed.
“Forget it, just put the books on my desk and head towards for the gazebo” He instructed, he then started catching up with his mother and took one last glance at the blond's leaving figure.

“What did you want to talk about mother?”

“It's about Hongjoong”