Part #20

From now on chapters will be longer and take slightly longer to come out :)

MY AIR CONDITIONER STOPPED WORKING AND IT'S HOT AS BALLS IN MY HOUSE.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The episode finished and George stood up. He stretched halfheartedly and poked Dream's shoulder.

"C'mon, it's time to do things with our lives," he said, prodding Dream's shoulder.
"Fineeeeee."

George walked into the kitchen, followed by Dream, and picked up his old journal. The journal had "George" written on it in his pretty handwriting.

Dream recognized it to be the one that George had in his first life.

He flipped throughout few pages before finding the one he wanted.

George placed the journal back down and turned it so Dream could see. He pointed to a part that was titled "Ingredients" and a list in George's handwriting.

"Can you get all that for me and put it on the table?"
"Sure." Dream kissed George's cheek before beginning to search for everything.

While Dream did that, George pulled down a bag of fusilli pasta. (Ik half of you don't know what that is. It's the spiral pasta stuff. Google it ig)

George filled the pot halfway with water and poured the bag in. He picked up a wooden spoon and stirred gently.

"Hey, babe?" Dream said from the pantry.
"Yes?"
"Where is the olive oil?"
"Top shelf, far right, I think."
"Found it! Thanks."

George smiled and looked at the recipe card.

He remembered the day that he had written it out for his friend, Nihachu. She had always liked it and wanted to make it herself.

George then remembered that he didn't actually write any of his recipes down and should probably start.

This card was one of the first he copied down.

He smiled a bittersweet grin. George wondered where Niki was now. Probably a ghost in the afterlife. He made a mental note to ask Karl or Sapnap later.

In reality, he missed his old friends. But, he was happy with Dream and wouldn't leave him for the world.

Dream walked back into the room, arms full of ingredients.

"Thank you," George said, standing up on his toes to kiss Dream's cheek.

"No problem," Dream smiled "Shortie."
George rolled his eyes, "Ok, Mr. Six-Foot-Four,"
Dream grinned and wrapped his arms around George from behind.

George worked on dinner while Dream tried his best to be helpful, but was more just keeping him company.

George was on the last few steps, with Dream still having his arms wrapped around his waist.

Dream rubbed small circles with his thumbs into George's sides. He rested his head on the brunet's shoulder and buried his head in the crook of George's neck.

George reached up his hand to ruffle Dream's sandy hair before continuing.

Dream buried his head deeper into the crook of George's neck.

"Babe, what are you doing?" George chuckled. Dream could feel the vibration of him talking on his throat.

"I like being close to you," Dream lifted his head slightly when he spoke so he wasn't too muffled.

"You're a dork."
"I'm your dork."
"You say that every time."
"Because it's true. You're stuck with me."
"Oh, no," George said with feigned despair, "what a tragedy."

Dream chuckled and buried his head back into George's neck.

"You smell like vanilla," Dream said.
"Babe, I love you, but that's creepy."
"I like vanilla."
"You've managed to make it worse."

Dream and George both started laughing at each other.

George finished with the meal and both sat down to eat together.

They finished and Dream insisted on doing the dishes, so George returned to the bedroom to grab his book before sitting down on the couch.

Dream didn't know why George liked that book so much. It wasn't that interesting in his opinion. The only thing that made it really significant was that Dream had bought it for him

Dream liked it when George expressed an interest in things and was vocal about them though. Especially now that he knew that George was scorned for it growing up.

Dream finished the dishes, washed and dried his hands, then came over to the couch with George.

He wrapped his arms around George and sat there in content silence. Listening to the sound of George's breathing and the occasional flip of his page, Dream drifted off into sleep.