Part #15

After three years of dating, Dream finally decided it was time. He was going to propose to George.

George was suspecting that he was going to but didn't say anything. Dream was not the greatest at hiding things and George caught on quickly.

Rain poured down from the sky and Dream smiled as his plan was pieced together.

He walked up to the attic, which George had to manage to turn into a loft with a window and library. He also managed to get the grand piano up the steps, how he managed that, Dream had no clue.

He gently pushed open the door and peaked his head in. George looked up at him from his chair in the corner where he was reading.

"C'mon," Dream said, "it's date night."
"I thought that was tomorrow? Also, it's not night."
"Whatever. Just come downstairs."
"Can I change first or what?"
"It's a casual date, you don't have to dress up. Besides, you always look beautiful."

George rolled his eyes but a slight smile tugged at his mouth. "Just get out, dork."

Dream shut the door gently and waited for George at the front door.

George walked down the stairs a second later. He was dressed in a blue sweater with a white button-up underneath it and black ripped jeans. In short, Dream was blushing.

Taking his black satchel bag off the hanger, George smiled, amused by his boyfriend's flushed cheeks.

Dream picked up an umbrella and opened the door for George. He walked out onto the porch with the brunet a moment later and opened the umbrella.

"So," George started, "where exactly are we going?"
"They opened a new book store in town. I checked online and... I'll show you when we get there."
"You know I hate surprises, Dream"
"Yeah, but you usually guess the surprise before it actually happens so does it really count?"
"Yes."
"Oh well."

They continued to walk until they reached the store.

Dream held open the door and followed George inside. The storekeeper smiled at them, then went back to counting money.

Dream led George to a specific section and told George to close his eyes. He brought George around the corner and found the book he was looking for.

He placed the book in George's hand and told him to open his eyes. George's eyes filled with excitement.

"Holy shit, you found it," he said examining the book. Dream smiled
"I saw that they had opened this place and I remembered you talking about this book so I checked online to see if they had it."

George looked up at him and smiled. "Thank you, Dream." He pressed a light kiss to Dream's cheek.

After Dream paid for the book, and George insisted that he could pay for it, George slipped the book into his bag.

The two exited the store and Dream reopened the umbrella.

They walked home as normal, but Dream told George to walk into the backyard with him.

"Uh... why exactly do you want me to be in the backyard?" George asked, setting down his bag.
"Just come outside with me."
"Ok..?"

George joined Dream on the back porch. Dream had abandoned the umbrella.

He took George's hand and led him out into the grass so the rain fell on both of them. George smiled at the feeling.

Dream leaned down and kissed George softly.

"George," he said, "will you make me the happiest man in the world," Dream kneeled on one knee and pulled a small, black box from his pocket, "and marry me?"

George smiled widely and put his hands over his mouth in excitement. "Of course!"

Dream stood up and put the pale, sapphire ring on George's hand.

George stood up on his toes and pulled Dream into a kiss.

After they went inside and dried off, Dream brought George into a hug. George's head still fit perfectly in the crook of his neck. "I love you," Dream mumbled, placing a kiss on George's forehead.

"I love you too." George placed a few gentle kisses on Dream's neck, as he was still too short to stay in the hug and reach Dream's face.

Dream smiled as George peppered on the last few kisses. "Come to bed when you're done with... whatever you were doing," Dream said, putting one more kiss on George's forehead before beginning to walk towards the bedroom.

"Mhm," the brunet mumbled. "I'll be there in a second."

George finished up and picked up his new book before going to bed.

He gingerly lifted the covers and slipped into bed, careful to not wake Dream up. George clipped his reading light to his nightstand and opened to the first page.

He felt two arms wrap around his torso. He turned, smiling, to see Dream looking at him happily.

"I thought you were asleep?" George teased.
"I wanted to wait for you."

George smiled and continued to read, now with Dream's arms wrapped around him.

"Gogyyyyyy..." Dream mumbled into the brunet's back.
"What?" George laughed.
"Pay attention to me" Dream whined.
"I'm literally laying right next to you."
"Talk to me."
"I don't have anything to talk about."
"Then read to me."

George considered the idea. "Are you sure?" he asked, "I'm not sure if you'll find this book all that interesting."

Dream moved closer to George and placed his head on top of his.

George read until around the beginning of chapter three, when Dream stopped him.

"You should go to sleep, George."
"Sleep is for the weak."
Dream scoffed
"You sleep more than anyone I know."
"I admit to my faults."

Dream laughed. "We've got a big day of wedding planning ahead of us," he said.

George rolled his eyes and began to search for his bookmark. He found it and placed it in his book, then he turned off the reading light and rolled over to face Dream.

Dream pulled him closer and the two drifted off cuddling together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This chapter is very long and was a pain in the butt to proofread.
Imma be real, I know this is getting long, but I really don't want this to end.
As silly as it sounds, this story is very therapeutic for me (and I really need some therapeutic things right now)
So, don't expect this story to be over anytime soon (and if you have a problem with it being long, then why did you even read it in the first place)
Anyways, thanks to all of you who have read this far, you're the real ones homies.