Ch. 57 - Picking the Dress & Bachelor Party

Start from the beginning

"You're right. I love it. This is the one," Everly smiled.

***** Keaton's Point of View - The Day Before the Wedding *****

The day before the wedding, Keaton's friends arrived in New York City from London and his best man, Henry, was throwing him a huge bachelor party that night. No one knew how to throw a party like Henry.

Early that afternoon Keaton got a knock on his door and he opened it to see Henry standing there in a suit.

"Hey mate! You're a little early! How are you?" Keaton asked, opening the door so he could come in.

Henry walked past him and looked around at his room.

"I'm good mate. So ........ this is what an American college dorm room looks like? Interesting."

"It's no castle but it's home," Keaton laughed. "So what's up man?"

"I just wanted to come a little early and have a chat before everything got crazy. Are you busy?" Henry asked, still looking around at everything.

"No. This is fine. I'll make us some coffee. How's everything back in London?"

"Not bad. Can't complain. How's everything with your Dad? Has he come around yet?"

"No, I haven't heard from him. As far as I know he still doesn't know about the wedding being tomorrow."

Henry shook his head. "When he finds out you got married behind his back he's going to go mental."

"That's putting it mildly," Keaton laughed. "I'll probably tell him over the phone from a safe distance." 

"Good idea," Henry laughed. "Hey, I just wanted to make sure you and I are still good?" 

"We're good," Keaton nodded. "Everly's good with you too. It's all forgotten. Fresh slate and everything."

"Thanks mate," Henry said with an exhale, running a hand up through his short brown hair. "You're honestly my only real friend besides Cami. The others just hang out with me because I'm fun and have money. If I lost everything they'd be gone like that," he said, snapping his fingers.

Keaton nodded. "You know I'm not like that man. I'm here for good," he said, handing him a cup of coffee and patting him on the back, before sitting down.

"Hey, I heard a rumor and I was wondering if it's true?" Henry said, walking across the room and sitting on his couch too.

"What rumor?" Keaton asked.

"A little birdie told me that Everly's ex-boyfriend that she dated for four years and was practically engaged to, is going to be one of your groomsman? And apparently he's hot and some famous baseball player here in the States. Please tell me this isn't true?" he laughed.