Chapter 23 - With you

He held you close, kisses on your forehead and hands intertwined. You made him realise the happiness he had been locked away from for so long, because you made him feel... right. Like he he was finally where he should be.

With you.

For so long he felt like a scared little boy. Running from his problems, saving himself, leaving others and ending up alone. Now, with your head on his chest, listening to his finally calm heart beat, tracing the small lines of his Jotun form, he knew you were his solution.

And he was yours.

The joy you wished for so long was with him, you hardly knew the extent of this feeling. You hardly knew the feeling at all.

Your father ruined all chances- all hope that love exists in Wonderland and beyond.

Loki knew love existed but never thought it was for him.

With these two broken halves, brought together by chance, solutions to both problems were provided by a simple bond of friendship turned more than either thought possible.

"Why did you do this?" You uttered against his skin, warm after being all cleaned up and huddled under the covers.

"Hm?" Loki hummed in confusion, having not heard.

"This... why did we do this?"

"Was it not obvious?" He replies with a small laugh. "I like you, Y/n... much more than words can express,"

"So, you wanted more from this?" Your eyes brightened subtly making his heart swell.

"Of course, my darling, but only if you want the same," Loki was pulled closer by your figure which curled closer to him, his laugh interjecting slightly through the hug.

Scratches against the door indicated a certain beast in need of attention, Loki, rolling his eyes, got out of bed as you pulled the covers over you to insulate heat. "Here comes trouble," you smile.

"Hello, Snow," he peers out the door, the creature excitedly pushing the door open and jumping into his hold.

"Needy thing," you scoff making Snow growl smugly at you. "Come here,"

Loki walked over with Snow in his arms, letting the animal curl up on the end of the bed while he returned to cuddling with you. "He isn't so-" suddenly Loki's attempted affection was cut off by Snow shoving his face between you two. "Hi, Snow, did you need something?" He tilts his head in annoyance.

Snow barked before curling between you two. "Isn't so needy?" You finish Loki's sentence with a smirk as he rolls his eyes.

"Shut up,"

~~~

"Did they do it?" Chase appears up above the group as Anna showed them how to make pride flag bracelets out of yarn.

"What?" Anna looks to Chase with a raised brow. "Oh! Oh- ew..." she shudders. "I don't want to think about that!"

"You wrote it!" He pleads. "I need to know the details, Anna~" He pleads, turning upside down so his head fell back.

"Why? Details on Y/n or Loki?"

"Loki," he smirks as Anna rolls her eyes. "Hey, I need to know if going to Paris with him and brooding boy would be worth it," Chase winks to Bucky who looked more confused than when Thor found out what a dog was.

Peter, Tony, Nat, Clint, Wanda and Sam burst into laughter as Bruce and Vision shake their heads. All whilst Bucky, Steve, Thor and Pietro looked confused to the laughing bunch.

"What does that mean?" Bucky whispers to Anna.

"Just a destination I'd like to go with Stephen and Sherlock," she hums. "Ah, Paris, baguettes and all," she hums making Tony double over in laughter. "I am humor,"

"Whatever," Chase drops down, hitting the ground and fiddling with his gifted pansexual bracelet. "This has been-"

"There you guys are," you sigh out, finally finding the group.

Chase grinned wildly, gliding over before floating over to sniff the air. "You two reek of sex," he chortles loudly. "And it wasn't that kinky," he pouts seeing the lack of markings, looking to Anna, shaking his head. "I expect a fully edited Chase x Loki smutshot with Barnes making an appearance," he steps up on invisible blocks of air, exiting through a door at the top of wall. "Oh! And the Chase x reader they all asked for!" Was his final words to Anna and the reader.

"Horny bastard," she grumbles. "You're not any better so don't laugh," she looks right at the reader before doing a double take. "Looking good, darling," Anna winks.

After a long pause of confusion, you pipe up, "how did you-"

Anna held up her hand to stop you from talking. "Doesn't matter, don't care, hope you two did that whole lovey dovey thing,"

"Uhm-"

"Good, now, I finished off the list, don't worry, I got your back," Anna threw the parchment at you before taking another one from thin air. "But we got a new problem,"

"Isn't there always one?" You sigh.

"It wouldn't be a fanfic if there wasn't one," Anna hums as the group does a double take. "I didn't say anything, you're hearing things," she says without taking eyes off the new message. "Me being an absolute badass overheard your aunt talking about the annihilation of the dark world once Silas takes the throne-"

"What?! Does that woman not know what will happen??" Grabbing handfuls of your dress, you start to storm down the hall, summoning your axe until the tweedle twins stopped you.

"Sorry, Princess Y/n,"

"No can do,"

"Get out my way! We can't let that happen-" You were interrupted when Anna took your arm and pulled you back.

"And we won't," she assures before holding up an order decreed by your father. "But this is more important,"

Execution of 'The Queen of Hearts' by Beheading

Scheduled for the 41st Moon of the quarter year

The parchment crumpled up in your hand, nails digging to rip it to shreds, pupils flickering between it's normal round shape to hearts as the iris' started to flood with red. Swinging the axe up, it morphed into a hood you draped over yourself.

"Y/n, whatever you're-"

"I'm going to kill him,"

"And if you do then there's still no stopping your mother's execution," The white rabbit appears out of a sudden hole in the ground. "And by that, with your mother and father gone Silas will take the throne and execute you," he whimpers.

"And as much of a death wish I have, I'm not dying because your cousin wants to rid this land of everyone associated with you," Anna made a good point. Silas would take the throne no matter what because only... current royalty can change heirs-

"You want to free my mother," you look up from the rabbit.

"Make you the heir as it should be..." The tweedle's bow for you.

~~~

Yeah Chase is Pan 💅

Yeah Chase is Pan 💅

- Anna ❤️