Chapter 9 - Anything less than

"Loki, trust me, I'm fine,"

"Sit down," he points to his bed making your eyes roll and comply. "Jacket off,"

"At least buy me dinner or take me out for tea," you scoff, doing so.

"Stop being smart," he came back with a box of Asgardian herbal medicine, laying eyes on the large gash, blood spread by the leather. "You're insane,"

"Thank you,"

"Not as much of a compliment-"

"To me it is," you sass back as he gave an impassive look. "I'm fine, it doesn't even hurt,"

He pressed a finger around the wound making you bite harshly on your inner cheeks. "You were saying?"

"Fuck you," two chalk dusters hit your face again.

"Do they go away?" Loki coughs on the dusty air, uncovering his hands from the dome formed on the gash.

"No..." you grumble, using your shirt to wipe your face of the powder as the god averted his line of sight from the skin revealed. Once you were done, he stood and removed his belt making you furrow your brows, leaning back. "What are you doing?"

"This will hurt," he folded the leather and held to your lips. "Bite down and don't make a fuss,"

"Fine," doing as told, tears formed along your eyes as the pain stung, small pats feeling like needles digging down against the flesh. Loki rid the layer of blood and soothed on a layer of purple paste, his cool fingers numbing the skin slightly, both your eyes knitting together at the sight of blue creeping along his fingers.

"Don't worry, that's normal," he murmurs, flickering his eyes to you. "Does it feel better?"

You gave a muffled reply behind the belt making him pinch the bridge of his nose, removing the leather. Smiling smugly, you gave a understandable answer, "yes, it feels better, thank you,"

"You're welcome," he walked to place the box back on the shelf and take a bandage to wrap over and seal the wound for healing. "It will be fine in a few days, as if nothing happened, depending on your body's response,"

"Did Queen Frigga teach you medicinal magic?"

"My mother's speciality was healing and thought it useful to teach me everything she knew," he tied the knot as you wince.

"She's not your mother, is she? Biological I mean,"

Loki lifted himself up. "No, she's not,"

"Jotuns don't usually look like this, do they?" You cross your legs on the bed as he shakes his head.

"No, they don't," he took his belt, slipping it back on to lean on his desk. "Much taller-"

"Much more blue," you smile fondly. "My mother showed me pictures... my father hated them saying they were ugly creatures," Loki's face fell making you chuckle, "but neither my mother or I thought so, Jotuns are just as beautiful as any other species, maybe more so from illustrations," murmuring this a little awkwardly at the confession, you remember ranting to the march hare about how good looking some frost giants were.

"You seem to be a little blind then," Loki laughs lightly, kicking off and sitting by you.

"I don't think so," taking his hand in yours, you trace the lines you remember to line the skins of each giant. "You're a little small for a giant but I think that makes you all the more unique and priceless,"

"Why so?" Loki watched your index finger run along his skin, tingling every nerve.

"Because if we were all the same then the universe would be all the more dull," poking each knuckle and tracing up his arm, the last tap was on his nose, both his eyes crossing to the tip of his nose. "So don't think like that,"

"Like what?"

"Like you're anything less than perfect," standing up with a small heat in your cheeks, Loki watched you leave quickly, his heart thumping rapidly.

~~~

Tilting the bottle from side to side, each odd design making your brain whir, the labels making no sense. Alcohol? Hm...

"It looks like milk tea... Tony was just trying to scare me away," you snicker. "Alcohol... what an absurd name," using a flick, the cap rolled off as the bottle lifted to your lips. Taking a small taste, it was sweet and creamy making your eyes light up. Directing the base up, you down more with a giggle, letting the contents empty into your body. "Yum!"

The bottle was thrown back, crashing into the wall making Tony rush into the room with his robe wrapped tightly over, hair dripping, suds still bubbled on top. "What are you doing??"

"I love this milk tea! It's very sweet," you take another bottle of Bailey's. "It has a bit of a weird hint but very nice,"

"That's... a bottle of Bailey's!" Tony rushed forward checked the broken shards to see the label and dropped reminiscence.

"What happened?" Steve and Thor enter in confusion.

"She drank a whole bottle of Bailey's and isn't passed out!" Tony yells in a large amount of confusion than the men combined.

"Odd name for milk tea," you jumped over the counter and sat on the couch to sip quietly. "Can we get more? There's only one bottle left," turning upside down, you position the bottle so it didn't spill while you drank.

"Wonderlandians must have fast metabolism,"

"They do," Loki and Bruce walk in after overhearing the conversation—the doctor still a little unnerved by the god.

"Wong was saying something about this," Bruce watched as you kept focused on Howl's moving castle.

"You all act as if this stuff does something," downing the rest, the bottle was placed down on the ground as you scamper to get another bottle.

"It's alcohol," Loki snatched the bottle from you, holding it up high so you were unable to reach it.

"Hey! Give that back!" You jump up, opting to kick him down to get the bottle only for him to block each move. "Stop making up words, and if you are going to make up a word make it more believable,"

"Alcohol is a word, it describes a substance which makes you very drowsy and unable to process anything properly," Loki  got rid of the bottle, stashing it away somewhere in the tower.

"That sounds like giggle-juice,"

"Giggle-juice?"

"You know, the stuff you add to drinks to make you go all," you start to act drunk before faking passing out.

"That's alcohol,"

"Weird," you huff and jump back up. "Get stronger giggle-juice, idiots... now give me the bottle," you hold your hand out to Loki who shakes his head. "Give it to me!" You whine making him smile and walk off. "Loki!" You chase after the god who ran away to his room, door slamming in your face.

Steve glanced to Tony who was laughing breathlessly. "Do they f-"

"Say fondue and I'll hit you," Tony warns making Steve hold his hands up.

"No, but I hope something happens," Thor quips excitedly.

~~~

Thor is the captain of the ship

- Anna ❤️