Chapter 17 - Locked up

"It was wonderful!" You lean into Chase as he had his arm over your shoulder.

"Let me help, Mx," Steve took two baskets from Anna who smiled thankfully. "So, what's the deal with them?"

"Are you flirting just to get information?"

"No!" He blurts out quickly as Sam and Bucky passes with a snicker, Nat nudging the super soldier.

"But you are flirting?" They hum in confusion.

"Uhm- I... well, uhm-"

"They've been best friends since childhood, longer than her and I," Anna explains, swinging the basket a little, jumping and walking backwards in front of the group of four. "Very close, everyone thought they'd be getting married by the end of Wonder High,"

"Married?? So they are dating? Or they did?" Bruce whisper shouts.

"No, never did anything like that, Chase is a flirt, flirts with me, her and any person he finds interesting,"

"Did they ever do anything?" Wanda whispers, looking at the duo at the front teasing each other, Loki walking angrily behind, yet quite far from the team and Anna.

"Nope, I think he's only dated three people in all of Wonderland,"

"Who are they?"

"David Dormouse, Ruby W-Rabbit and I," Anna adjusts the basket on their arm while jumping onto large mushrooms and bouncing off one to another; dress fluffing up then falling with each step they took.

"Did he ever have a crush on her?" Pietro asks.

"Nope," Anna turns their head to the speedster. "Chase just wants to piss Loki off,"

"He earns my respect," Thor nods, head still bruised from the chair.

~~~

"How do you like it so far?"

Loki turned to face you once the flock of paper planes had faded through cotton candy clouds. "It's lovely,"

"Are you alright?" your arm linked with his, a smile finally forming on his lips.

"Of course," his hand laid on yours when he lifted his arm more gentleman-like.

"I have to say, you look wonderful like this," you tug on the pocket-watch chain on his vest.

"And you're much more fitting like this," he tugs on sleeve of your dress.

Chase floated by on his back, kicking his legs as if in a pool, his head poking over the two of you upside down. "What are you two talking about?"

"Nothing concerning you, flea,"

"What a sour-puss," Chase sighs out, going ahead before pulling back... the view? The team stopped for a moment in confusion.

"What...?"

"What?" you repeat in confusion more than shock as they did.

"That was... the view- now it's... a curtain?"

"You're all very confused little things," Anna giggles, picking up a stone and turning it into a bouquet of roses. "The Queen will love this!"

"How is mother?" You look to Chase who stopped in his tracks.

"Not sure..."

"Come on, Chase, you hear all the cat chatter from Grave grove to Dream catcher drive, how has she been?"

"I suspect a little cold," Anna walks by absentmindedly. "The Asylum cells are a little chilly nowadays,"

"What?!" You lunge at your friend who hid behind the roses, fearing for their life. "Mother is in the asylum and you tell me now?!"