“Don’t be,” Gulf assures the older. “I was about to break it with her.”

Surprised, Mew asks further, “Why?” Mew squints his eyes. “Never thought of you as a heartbreaker although you can exceed as one.”

Gulf chuckles from the other’s accusation. “If I exceed, how much more if you, Phi?”

Mew grins. “I’ll take that as a compliment, Nong.”

Gulf feels glad that Mew didn’t notice that he dodged the question. He is not comfortable to admit that he is actually scared to level up in his so called relationships, which are all shallow, because they might know a fact about him that he chose to keep hidden until now and for a few more months.

Gulf shrugs and grins. “I did, so you should.”

Mew laughs with Gulf’s cockiness. With Gulf’s face, Mew is surest than sure that any woman or even man for that matter is willing to kneel before the younger. Even he himself is quite amazed how Gulf looks. A man shouldn’t be so…beautiful.

“How about you, Phi?” Gulf inquires, curious. With Mew’s looks, he is sure women would line up just to be glanced by the older.

“I’m not quite sure,” Mew shrugs leaning back on the couch. “Well, she said we’re dating.”

It’s Gulf’s turn to laugh at Mew’s honest words which makes the older to look at the other guy.

Mew again feels like the air is knocked out from his lungs seeing such pleasing view.

The older clears his throat. “I hope it doesn’t sound like a bad thing.”

With giggles, Gulf replies, “And you’re saying that I’m the heartbreaker.”

Mew shakes his head. “Well, we just sort of hang out…” He is looking for words to describe it. “I guess, we’re friends, yeah, just something like that, we just sort of click.”

Still giggling, Gulf remarks, “I don’t know why it sounds funny.”

Mew watches as the younger lets out those sweet noises while holding the mug and he can’t help but just…stare. And the more he stares, the more enchanting the younger looks. Mew concludes that smiling and laughing suit the younger way better than anyone.

Mew simply observes every facial movement on Gulf’s face with a hitched breathing. He looks enthralled sitting across the other; it’s quite unfair how Gulf could blur everything around him. And like a scene in slow motion, Mew sees how Gulf’s expression slowly changed.

Mew is watching how Gulf’s mouth opens a little and his bambi eyes widened, like the younger is hit with a realization. He can’t help but smile. Cute.

“Oh my, she didn’t know that you got married, did she?” Gulf asks but all he can see is Mew’s fond distant stare. It seems to Gulf that the older is in trance as Mew looks at him.

“Phi?”

“Huh?” Mew asks a little embarrassed as he scratches his nape. “Sorry, I didn’t catch that.”

Damn, Mew thinks as he flashes an apologetic smile.

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I just remembered something with your words,” Mew lies. “What was your question, Nong?”

Gulf, who is quite confused for a moment, goes back to his query.

“Don’t worry about it, Nong,” Mew assures the younger. “I already break whatever I have with her before we got married.”