|Chapter One.|

Chapter One.
The Beginning.
Day Ten.

The sun, the grass, the trees, All was a burning reminder on why I left that day, I left a whole life behind. But I'm to relieved to be free from their grasps to grieve.

Being sixteen in the wilderness isn't a very easy task. Even when I ran out of food, my back rested against an oak wood tree slowly sliding down to the ground.

My stomach grumbled violently almost begging me for food. Is this how I die...?

My eyes closed slowly, allowing the darkness to succumb my eyes.

"Hey Lang, look what we just came across!" A man who seemed a bit muffled yelled, my eyes slightly opened to the sight of two men.

One had a brown mask on, with furrow eyebrows, brown eyes, and what seemed to be a tank on his back. He didn't seem very amused to see me laying here.

The person standing next to the furrow man had white hair, blue eyes, and a brown jacket.

"Aren't you just a gem?" The brown eyed man exclaimed, his scruffed up hand ran down my jaw.

Sending chills down my spine, The blue eyed man pulled him off aggressively. "Kabal, you know better then to just touch a woman."

"So beautiful, what's your name?" The Man in the Brown jacket lifted an eyebrow then grinned.

"Yona.... Zero."

"Is it Yona or Zero? Come on just spit it out." The man with the white hair exclaimed. The tension builded up as they both waited for an answer.

"Sub Zero. I am.. Sub Zero." My mouth closed as the words just fell out of my mouth. Both processed what I said, then commented, "Looks like you got some competition, Sub Zero."

The man in the brown jacket nudged the other man with his shoulder. The white haired man held out his hand and I hesitated before grabbing onto it.

"Well, welcome to Mortal Kombat Sub Zero." What?

What's Mortal Kombat, is it some kind of group? "What's Mortal Kombat?" I asked.

They both turned to each other, then locked eyes back with me. "You're joking right?" The other Sub Zero seemed to laugh at what I just said off.

His eyes were begging for a joke.

The laughing died down as he realized I wasn't joking, a sigh exiting his mouth as he rubbed his chin softly.

"Mortal Kombat is about the war between the gods. Whoever wins the next championship will be the god of basically all the other competitors until it's time for another Mortal Kombat, which is almost thousands of years away." Sub Zero explained.

His eyebrows furrowed shifting his eye contact off me and onto his friend.

"Well, Sub Zero, will you join us?" The other Sub Zero reached out his hand for what seemed to be a hand shake. I grabbed it, shaking his hand firmly.

"May the best God win."