[15] Quindici.

"I want you to say the truth

"I want you to say the truth. For once in your life, tell me the truth, tell me why it is so hard for you to come close to me."
Christine looked at him sternly, she needed the answers she deserved, and she needed them now.

"Because I know that I'll fall for you!"
Damiano yelled out, standing up from his seat roughly and pacing around the room, causing her to look at him with a mixture of surprise and fear.

"What?"
She asked softly, not wanting to believe what she had just heard.

"I knew from the moment I first saw you that I was totally able to fall for you, which is why I wanted to get rid off you."
Damiano hated this, he hated opening up, he hated telling her the truth, but he knew he had too, no matter how much he was going to regret and how shitty he was gonna feel after, he had no choice. Christine deserved the truth

"What's so bad about falling for me?"
Christine asked softly, looking at the boy in curiosity.
She didn't understand, she couldn't understand.

"I can't let that happen."
Damiano muttered, he couldn't do it anymore, he opened up too much already, which is something he had never done before. It exhausted him mentally, but Christine didn't care, he had hurt her enough already for her to care about his feelings.

"Stop giving me these vague answers, be clear with me."
She huffed in annoyance, she was done with his behavior.

"All right, all right."
Damiano threw his hands up in surrender, standing face to face with the girl.
"I'm not a good guy, okay."

"Well yeah I've noticed."
Christine scoffed, earning an eye roll from the boy, his jaw clenching in the process.

"I just don't want to get too close to you because I know I will just end up hurting you eventually."
It took every single muscle and nerve in his body for Damiano to confess the thoughts that had been running trough his brain since the moment he first saw the girl.

"But you've hurt me anyway Damiano."
Christine whispered to him, the hurt I'm her voice getting noticed by the boy all too well.

"I know and I'm a fucking idiot for that."
He locked his eyes with hers, her bright green orbs softening more and more with every sentence they exchanged.

"I get that you're confused and are trying to make the right decision here, but you really, really messed up."
Christine was surprised once she looked back at the boy, he seemed  genuinely hurt, it was like she saw his emotions for the first time since they've met.
"I'm not sure if I can just let go this easily, I'm not one to forgive and forget so easily."