𝐧𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐳𝐞𝐡𝐧 - 𝐝𝐢𝐞 𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐥𝐮𝐬𝐬𝐬𝐳𝐞𝐧𝐞

𝘥𝘪𝘦 𝘚𝘤𝘩𝘭𝘶𝘴𝘴𝘴𝘻𝘦𝘯𝘦 (𝘧) - 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭𝘦, 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘦

"coming," paige shouted, getting to the door and opening it, squinting, a bright light shining in her eyes.

"is this the residence of paige kelly?"

"well, yes, that is me, officer. is there an issue?"

"and is this also where," he checked his notepad to say the right thing. "saffron parks is?"

"saffron parker, yes."

"ah, that's who i mean. well, there's been a report regarding you two, and i hope that it is possible for me and my colleague to inquire about it and take evidence."

"yeah, sure."

"the names police constable finnley keating, and this is my partner-against-crime, officer sadie feather."

"thank you, girls, for letting us in today. we want to enquire about your presence at the open day at cobham, chelsea football club's training ground, on the fifteenth of march of this year. as you required identification to enter the premises, we have used this to ask about what happened, and we just want to know your account of events for evidence to help us find who the culprits are."

"erm, it's much of a blur to us- sorry, me. with the flames and the scream from the guy, it seems a bit fuzzy."

"tell us what you remember, so we can get a clear case of what actually happened."

"and can we please start with saffron. that's who i've got written on my notebook. apologies."

"well, can we ask how you know that it was a guy who screamed?"

"it sounded a bit masculine. that's all,"

"mm-mh. you're not wrong, as we can tell you, the guard who was put in icu was a man. his name was jamie wilson. he died, and we need to bring justice to his family as soon as we can. please, tell me the day of events as you recall it."

"well, the morning started with me getting myself ready, alongside paige. we made sure that we had phones, power banks, charging cables, headphones, lighters, cameras, batteries for the cam-"

"apologies for interrupting, but did you say lighters? what were they used for?"

"smoking."

"cobham is a no smoking venue. you can only smoke when you're outside the gates. so, unless you were there all day and witnessed the effects on the fire yourself, something else happened, didn't it?"

"well, we exited when training started as i was gagging for one, s-"

"so, around the time the fire started, you left, went outside, past the car park, and didn't notice the flames at all? you know, the bright, orange sparks from the bin?"

the girls remained quiet, only looking at each other, sharing the same thought: they had turned themselves in.

"and with this cctv footage, do you confirm nor deny that this was you two, at 3:04 pm?"

"no comment." paige spoke, quietly and quickly, wanting them to move on imminently.

"well, i think we've got everything. paige kelly and saffron parker, i put you both under arrest for suspected manslaughter, following the death of jamie wilson. you do not have to say anything, but, it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you later rely on in court. anything you do say may be given in evidence."