~~~Meljar2010

1/11/13

4th or 5th song of the day is Oh Donna by Ritchie Valens

Thankyou Melissa :)

~~~~~

What is your name?

Melissa

How old are you?

I'm 35 (I turn 36 in April)

What inspired you to write your first book?

Boredom. I have an active imagination, so mostly that's my inspiration.

Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?

Oh my goodness...I don't know that I have just one favorite because I have lots. Um, I was a huge fan of Judy Blume when I was younger. When I was in junior high and high school it was Lurlene McDaniel. Now it's Max Lucado and Karen Kingsbury, but I could list more. Each of their works strike in different ways that are unique to whatever I'm reading of theirs.

What is your favourite theme/genre to write about?

I LOVE love stories and romantic comedies, so that's what I write about. To say that I'll never write about vampires, werewolves or Twilight style books would be untrue because you never know, I might one day. 

Do you see writing as a career?

Possibly :-) It's a lot of time and money to invest in though. 

~~~~~

VOTEEE if u didn't =)

~~~~~

If you could work with any author who would it be?

Once again, too many to list. Probably any of those I listed earlier. 

Do you use real-life facts based on true stories?

Not really. I mean some of my character's personalities are based off of real people, but they are not exact copies of them.

Did you ever think you'd be, where you are right now?

No. I wanted to be a teacher when I was younger and even went to school as an elementary school major, however I ended up dropping out of college and did a bunch of random jobs until what I am currently doing now (Creative Designer). 

What advice would you give to people who "run out of creativity" when writing?

If you run out of creativity, my advice is to take a break. Whether it be for an hour, a day, a week...whatever. Sometimes it helps to take a walk and just let your mind wander aimlessly. Don't think about what your writing now, but let your mind think a few chapters ahead or ask yourself where you want the story to go. Or sometimes it helps to watch a movie, listen to your favorite music, read a book, draw or whatever it is you do to relax. Your ideas will come back to you if you give your brain a break. 

Do you ever suffer from writer’s block? If so, what do you do about it?

Yes and I do all of what is listed above.

Do you have any advice for other writers?

When it comes to ideas...if you are a vivid dreamer (like me), then remember your dreams. Sometimes a good story or plot will come out of a dream. Or a song lyric or a line from a movie/TV show will inspire you. You can go to the website: http://www.creativewritingprompts.com for ideas too!

Anything fun about yourself you want your fans to know?

I love to bake...love it to the point where I considered working in a bakery. 

How would you describe yourself?

I'm a mostly positive person, which if you knew my life story would amaze you that I am. I am a Christian and have a really strong faith, however I am not one of those Christians who think they are better than anyone else. I have struggles (even faith struggles), so to think that I'm a perfect Christian is laughable. I think that ties back to me being a positive person. I'm very bubbly and fairly outgoing, meaning that I can be shy until I get to know a person better.

~~~~~

Only thing left to do is to check out my other things and leave a COMMENT!! and VOTEE before you leave =D