***Shivikeni

3/9/13

L.O.V.E

Camille Jett is an ambitious, beautiful 17 year old with large dreams. She doesn't believe in "Love". After going through a tough time when she was 15, she's put four walls and is determined to keep them up.

Kade Gaynor is your typical 17 year old player, with the girls dropping at his feet. If looks could kill, he'd be a serial killer. He doesn't give a damn about a girl's feelings, wiping his feet all over them like a doormat. Camille is the new girl at Larry Thultz High School, and with Delilah Hart by her side, she is determined to get through high school, waiting to acheive her dreams. But, when she meets Kade, it's love at first sight, but Camille isn't ready to admit it. Will Kade tear away at her walls and get to the free-spirited and rebellious heart that is hiding inside?

Finally found you by Enrique Iglesias 

Thankyou Shivalika :)

~~~~~~

What is your name?

Shivalika

How old are you?

I’m 14 years old

What inspired you to write your first book?

Come to think of it, I really don’t know! The idea just came to me in the middle of the night, and I didn’t want to forget it so I quickly typed it out on the Notes App on my iTouch.

Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?

It has to be J.K Rowling hands down. What’s really awesome about her work is the attention to detail. Even the smallest of things that seem really unnecessary are highlighted by her and it just makes everything so life-like.

What is your favourite theme/genre to write about?

I was asked this question in another interview. It has to be teen fiction. I’m 14 and I’m at that stage where there seems to be a lot of drama, and it just seems extremely easy to rope in a lot of the drama that happens around me.

Do you see writing as a career?

No. Writing’s been a passion, but as a hobby. I’ve never considered turning my writing into a career. Even if I did decide to publish my books, I doubt they’d sell.

If you could work with any author who would it be?

Jacqueline Wilson, the lady is a genius especially when it comes to teen fiction. She crafts her writing in such a way that you feel like you’re in the character’s shoes. When I need inspiration for any of my chapters for my novel, I look through all the Jacqueline Wilson novels I have stashed in my bookshelf.

Do you use real-life facts based on true stories?

I haven’t used real-life facts based on true stories as of yet. I might in the future, all depending on whether the chapter needs it or not. However, my main character, Camille Jett is a lot like me; especially her personality.

Did you ever think you'd be, where you are right now?

Honestly speaking, no. I’m so proud of myself. My novel’s almost hit thousand reads and I remember being excited just with 50 reads and 1 vote.

What advice would you give to people who "run out of creativity" when writing?

It happens to me a lot, and I what I do to get my creative juices flowing is either read a book, watch a movie, listen to some music or even go for a walk. Or I usually sleep and then an idea hits me and I just continue writing.

Do you ever suffer from writer’s block?

Yes, I do. I’m suffering a major case of WB right now. I think what happens is that I get too many ideas in my head for one thing, and so my brain turns into a ticking time bomb. Then it explodes and I don’t have any ideas. It ain’t pretty.

If so, what do you do about it?

As soon as I feel WB coming along (intuition) I drop my work, and let it be. I just take a deep breath, sometimes even sleep. But for the major cases, like the one I’m suffering right now, I just leave it alone. I don’t keep picking at it like a scab, ‘cause I know, I’ll get my mojo back soon enough. I sometimes try to force myself to write something, but nothing comes out. It’s kinda like losing your voice. It’s better to write when you have ideas flowing (systematically) through your head than having no ideas and chugging out crap.

Do you have any advice for other writers?

I say this to everyone when people ask me – do not make writing an obligation, do it because you love it. I think what a lot of rookie writers feel is intimidation, I know I felt it. When I first started on Wattpad, a lot of the novels I read had tens of thousands of reads and hundreds of votes, and I used to think to myself, ‘Oh shit! How am I ever going to write a novel like that?’ If you ever do feel like that then you just have to believe in yourself and keep writing. Don’t let a number get you down.

Anything fun about yourself you want your fans to know?

A lot of people ask me my ‘relationship status’, let me tell you, I ain’t single, I ain’t taken, I’m just dating (more like married to a) celebrity in my head, Matt Bomer (gosh, so hot!), and yes, I know he’s gay, but in my head, he ain’t. This isn’t fun - I am a spelling and grammar Nazi. When I’m reading a novel, a huge determinant is spelling and grammar.

No matter how epic the storyline may be or how hot the characters may be or whatever other crap, if you’re not going to spell right and not going to use proper grammar, then I’m sorry, I will not touch your novel, I will send it through a digital shredder. One other thing I know a lot of people will hate me for is the strong dislike (not hatred) for One Direction! I hate anything to do with them, especially fan fictions. I actually hate fan fictions in general. The authors just come off as desperate and sad. They squeal over a bunch of guys who look like girls on first impression.

So, One Direction (more like No Direction, I love that joke!) are the one British Boy Band on the block, but a lot of people neglect that absolutely awesome and epic and handsome other British Boy Band – The Wanted! So long story short, if you come up to me with a request for me to read your fan fiction, irrespective of who or what it is you are fan girl-ing over, I will completely neglect/ignore/delete your request.

How would you describe yourself?

I’m very talkative, I’m easy to talk to, and I have an awesome sense of humor, the one language I speak fluently after English, is Sarcasm. I am so sarcastic; I have to point it out to my friends. I’m really outgoing and I only treat people with respect who treat me with respect, not people who treat me like a bitch. I’m extremely moody and my best friends know it’s best to not talk too much around me or I swear to god, I will treat you like a scumbag. I don’t have violent tendencies, but my words do sting!

~~~~~~

VOTE and COMMENT!! =D