44

Chapter forty-four: Poisoning

Lumapit ako sa lalaking bumubula ang bibig, hindi ko siya kilala pero ang alam kong may importante siyang role na ginagampanan sa companya. 

I held my head out of frustration, matalino yung hayop na gumagawa nito. Kala ko ending na, kalo ko epilogue na, nadagdagan pa ng problema! The man or woman behind this is smart, he probably made the bomb explosion as a distraction to poison this person. 

I checked if there is still pulse, at meron nga. "He's still alive but his pulse is erratic. He must be poisoned by a chemical or anything." 

"Sino ba to?" Tanong ko, I'm not familiar to him. Maybe a new recruit or an attorney that is a help? Di ko alam. 

"Attorney Sanchez, head attorney of the company." Sagot ni Calyx, nanlaki mata ko, hindi na pala si Rivera ang head. Tumango tango ako, nakita kong ngumiti ng nakakaloko si Enzo. "Why are you smiling, darling?" 

Umiling siya, "Do you guys have any other head attorney before him?" Tumango silang lahat sa tanong ni Enzo. 

"Attorney Rivera. But he's been out of the picture since he tried to assault Ravenna's dad." Sabi ni Ryota, tumaas ang kilay ko at naging curious sa topic, I motioned him to keep talking. "They had some misunderstanding about you being off the company, pinaglaban ni Rivera ang stand mo pero napuno ata siya at kinwelyohan ang dad mo. Ayon, he's off the company." 

Parang kumulo ang dugo ko, kung nandito lang siya binanatan ko na. Biglang bumukas ang pinto at iniluwal nito si Kaelyn kasama si Gavin. Wait he's studying to be a doctor right? He could help us. 

"Sorry we're late, I heard there's been an incident." Pormal na sabi ni Gavin, he wore latex gloves before walking towards the man. He observed it, "Obvious poisoning," He checked the mouth and briefly smelled the bubbling chemicals. 

"By the smell of this room, it's drain cleaner." Singit ni Cassian at tumango naman si Gavin. "You guys should tell the paramedic and come up here. This is some serious shit that we don't know about, like the effects of swallowing it and we don't know what to do." 

Kaelyn pointed out Gavin, "Have you not remember that my husband is a med student?" 

Nagpakitang gilas si Gavin at inexplain ang lahat, "Drain cleaners also known as sodium hydroxide, they can cause serious damage to skin and tissues. Look at this, the mastermind who poisoned this person made the mistake of letting it obvious, it dropped into Sanchez's skin and burnt of part of his skin." 

"He is also probably experiencing a lot of abdominal pain, and we need him to throw up. So that the chemicals in his body wont spread and burn his organs off. Swallowing of this may cause coma, vision loss, or death." Gavin succeed in waking the man up, at nagulat ako nang bigla niyang suntukin ito sa sikmura. 

Ayon, napahiga ito sa sakit at nagsuka ng dugo. Malakas naman ang sikmura ko at hindi naman ako nandiri pero sadyang ayaw ko lang tingnan. I followed the drops of that drain cleaners to the legal department's bathroom. Sinundan pala ako dito ni Enzo pero di ko na siya pinansin. 

"All of the drain cleaners are opened, which one of them do you think he used?" Tanong nito sa akin pero napaisip ako. He? Alam niya na kung sino ang naglason? 

"Why he? You know who did this?" Tanong ko at tumango siya. Kahit nagtataka ako sa kanya hindi na ako nakapagtanong nang bigla nilang tawagin ang pangalan ko. Lumabas ako ng cr at sinalubong muli sila, I roamed my eyes around pero napansin kong nadagdagan kami. Nandito si attorney Rivera. 

He was about to greet me but I immediately punched him, that is my way of saying hello. Napahawak siya sa labi at tiningnan ako, "Hello to you too." 

"Anong ginagawa mo dito?" Tanong ko, before he could answer me may ibinulong si Enzo. 

"Is he attorney Rivera?" Tanong niya at tumango naman ako, he again smiled and yawned before looking at Rivera with his normal dark gaze. 

"I was walking outside when I saw the building wrecked kaya pumasok ako at nagtanong kung nasaan kayo, they said you all are here and I was shocked to see Sanchez poisoned. and--" 

"How did you know that he was poisoned?" Tanong ni Hailey, oh fuck. Alam ko na kung bakit pangiti ngiti si Enzo. He's the culpirit! Hindi makatingin ng diretso si Rivera and that made him more obvious.

"Tell me darling, do you want me to expose him already or should we keep the charade going?" Bulong pa niya ulit. 

"Uncover him already, my head is already aching from all the things that have happen today." 

Enzo cleared his throat to get everyone's attention. "Can someone lock the door?" Tanong niya at si Maverick naman ang naglock nito. "Just looking at this so called crime scene, I could figure out the culprit. It's one of you," Turo niya isa isa sa lahat. "And it's none other than Rivera right here." Jesse and Calyx held Rivera's hands at ito naman ang nagpupumiglas. 

"How could you even acused me like that? What's your proof?" Pagpupumilit nito, hindi mo na mababago ang isipan namin. 

"And who and what is your alibi?" Enzo squinted his eyes at Rivera na walang masagot, "See? And the proof is on your shirt." Turo niya sa damit ni Rivera, I also saw that stain. 

Dumating na ang police at kinausap na si Enzo, "What's your deduction then?" Tanong nito. 

"He planted the bomb at the front part of the entrance in the lobby, then he took that opportunity to go inside through the back door, since everyone is looking at the commotion no one noticed him. Then he went to this floor to poison this innocent man while reading some files, that is why some papers are scattered. Then he need to make a quick escape through the window, why the window? Because that is the most quickest escape. Then he just pretended that he was just walking by, until we confronted him." 

Tumango ang police at dinala si Sanchez sa ospital. 

"Parang detective lang ang galawan natin, darling." He just smiled at me before putting his arms around my shoulders.

Case solved?