It took me five long years but I finally decided what I was going to do and that no one would control me ever again. I knew I had no business going back, I had no right. I didn't deserve them, not after what I'd done but I never said that I wasn't selfish. Not a day went by that I didn't stop thinking of going back, but now I had nothing holding me back, not even a ghost.

"I'm going to Turkey," I whispered

-*-*-*-

My hands were shaking as I made it to the apartment I knew so well. It had been seven years but the layout was etched in my head, thanks to the architect who designed it. I didn't expect forgiveness, but I had to repent anyways. Taking a few moments to gather my thoughts, I stood in front of the door, not knowing what lay ahead. It took me all the courage in my body to knock at that door, a door that I'd shut behind me a long time ago, a door that opened to my whole world.

I had prepared myself mentally since the moment I got on the plane, but nothing could have ever prepared me for the moment that awaited. The door parted slowly, as if the scene wasn't suspenseful enough already, and before I knew it, a single tear escaped my eye as she stood before me, the girl of my dreams. 

She was a splitting version of me, all her features reminded me of the way I was when I was little, everything down to the curious expression on her face. Except for her eyes, she had her father's eyes, and I remembered how much I had missed them. The resemblance was so uncanny that it shocked me, rendering me speechless for a moment.

"Kiraz," I whispered softly, trying to keep all the tears from rolling out, kneeling down to hug the small girl that stood there, her tiny hands outstretched towards the handle of the door, taking her by complete surprise as I engulfed her small frame. I didn't have the time to think about what was going on in her mind, my daughter was in my arms after five years and for a moment there, nothing else mattered.

"Prenses who is i-" I could recognise that voice anywhere, even among a thousand others, it would always stand out. I finally let go of her little body to look up at the man that had emerged from behind her. 

"Kiraz go to your room," the unmistakable voice of Serkan Bolat said, as he pulled her into the house. I flinched as I saw the anger in his eyes. His eyes shone with a rage that I hadn't seen before and the way he looked at me was unforgettable, he hated me and a part of me wanted him to.

"Put on your headphones, I'll be there in a minute," for a few seconds when he looked at the little girl, the rage in his eyes was gone, like it never existed in the first place. I would have smiled at the sight before me if it was under different circumstances.

"Ta- tamam," she smiled sweetly as her beautiful large eyes darted between Serkan and I, I could tell that her little brain was trying to figure out what was going on. Kiraz looked at me one more time before scuttling back inside the house and I already missed her presence. God knows how I'd stayed away for five years, I didn't think I could make the next five minutes without her.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Serkan's voice thundered, bringing me back to the harsh reality.

"I- I can explain Serkan," I started as I stepped towards him, but he raised his hands, gesturing me to stop where I stood and I did, I deserved his wrath, I deserved all of it. I knew and I knew well.

"Explain?It's been five years Eda! Five years since you left me with a two year old daughter to raise on my own! I don't give a damn about your explanation," He screamed at me, and I could tell that he was hurting. I wanted to run to him, to touch his skin, tell him I was sorry, I wanted to cry my heart out, but I couldn't, not anymore. I didn't have any right to invade his space like that.

"Serkan please I-"

"Just leave already! Don't show up in front of me or Kiraz ever again!"

"Sh-she's my daughter Serkan," I pleaded as I took the risk to close the distance between us.

"You should have thought of that five years ago when you deserted the two of us," I felt his eyes bore into the chain I was wearing around my neck. I lifted my hand to reach for his arm but his was quicker, as his fingers made their way to the chain.

"Why do you still wear this? As if you give a damn about our marriage!" I felt a tug at the back of my neck from where the chain dug into my skin and my hands immediately went up around to shield the ring that hung from it.

"Get out," he said as his sturdy hands moved away from my neck to grip the contours of my shoulder tightly. When I didn't respond, they guided me towards the door, not losing their hold even a little bit.

"Serkan, I'm sorry, let me at least tell you what happened," I cried out as I stepped outside the house, knowing that I deserved every bit of this treatment from him.

"Don't come back here,"  I stared into his eyes as he slammed the door on my face, leaving me behind to look back at my own reflection on the polished wood exterior, not able to recognise the woman I'd become. 

-*-*-*-*-*-
Hey guys! Mikayla here. It's been a while and I'm so sorry for that. I've been caught up with college work so much, I barely get any time to write. I'll try my best to give y'all timely updates but I don't know if I'll be able to stick to a schedule. I owe it to you all for completing for what I started and I will see it through eventually, I promise.

Do let me know what you think of the developments, it's a hell of a change in pace xD

If you're reading this, thanks for sticking around. Hope you've been doing well.❤️