6.6 jealously, jealously

Start from the beginning

"Like I said, it was not jealousy," I hid my smile as we started walking again. Harry grabbed my hand as we made our way down the hall.

"I'll take that as a yes."

"Yes to what," I asked obliviously.

"To the snogging thing."

"Harry, no!" I laughed as I looked at him. "You're just finding more reasons to snog me aren't you."

"Caught me," Harry said playfully as we walked near the common room. I bit back a grin as his fingers interlocked with mine, his thumb grazing the top of my hand softly.

"Wonder what Ron's doing," I said as we turned the corner. "There's no way he doesn't miss Mione."

"Probably snogging Lavender," Harry snickered. He turned to look at me with a playful glint in his eye. "We can do what they're doing right now if you want."

"I do not want to share spit with you," I retorted playfully, nudging his shoulder. I let out a snicker as Harry nudged me back, nearing the common room.

"You just did that in the library," Harry reminded me innocently. We stopped in front of the portrait hole as Harry murmured the password. The door swung open as we stepped inside, Harry stopping in front of the girl's staircase. 

"Well, goodnight m'lady," Harry joked as he bowed jokingly. "Hope you had a fantastic evening."

I stifled my laugh as I bowed back. "It was fantastic. Goodnight."

Harry winked as I rolled my eyes, walking up the stairs towards the empty dorm room. 

~~~

"Morning," I said as I slid into the seat next to Harry as Ron downed an entire cup of pumpkin juice.

"Sitting with me this morning?" Ron grumbled as he looked wistfully at Hermione, who was eating her oatmeal as she read from her textbook. "You usually sit with Hermione."

"Hermione said that she wanted to study for her Arithmancy exam," I said as Harry handed me a piece of buttered toast.

"Ron!" A familiar girlish giggle echoed behind me as I glanced over my shoulder to see Lavender Brown and Pavarti Patil walking down the table towards us.

Harry and I tensed up as Lavender slid into the seat next to Ron, forcefully wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Hi." Parvati said awkwardly as she slid into the seat next to Lavender, looking slightly embarrassed as the three of us watched Lavender aggressively slam her lips against Ron's.

I blinked a couple times before turning to look at Parvati, attempting to ignore the make-out session happening across from me.

"Hi Parvati," I responded, giving her a small smile as I heard someone clear their throat behind me. I turned around to see Hermione grinning brightly at Parvati, a complete 180 of her personality from earlier.

"Hi Pavarti! Are you going to Slughorn's Christmas Party tonight?" Hermione asked brightly, completely ignoring Ron and Lavender as she beamed.

I raised my eyebrows at Harry, who looked equally as confused.

"No invite," Parvati said glumly as she picked at the toast she was eating. "I would've loved to go, it sounds amazing. You're going aren't you?"

"Yes! I'm meeting Cormac at eight. We're-"

Lavender gasped slightly as Ron pushed Lavender away, looking up at Hermione with shock.

Hermione cleared her throat, acting as if Ron was nonexistent as she finished her sentence. "We're going up to the party together, hand-in-hand."