Chapter 5 Luksin's Lab

The lab was dead ahead. Abe, Munch, and I were leaning on the railing, looking toward the mountain. Alf started to descend the aircraft on flattened land surrounded by woods to keep it hidden for when they had to return. The guys ate their fill while I only sipped on water. Abe snatched his backpack that already had items hidden inside to craft, like explosives, gas bombs, tape, rock candy to knock out the enemy, and other valuable things for the journey.

I was impressed by Alf's driving skills, with the soft landing. I see him step out onto the deck heading towards us, "I have to say, Alf, you do a great job flying this contraption," I speak with a smile on my face. However, Alf was still a bit tense around me, and with him having to get my camera from the enemy, he wasn't a fan of me right now. So, I needed to lighten him up a bit with a compliment.

All Alf sputters out is a "Yeah, sure, whatever."

Abe grunts and gives his friend a stern look before changing the topic. "Let's head out. We need ta be wary of any random Sligs in the field nearby the mountain. I have a feelin' that they know we would be comin' back."

We all agree and follow Abe off the blimp, making our way towards the mountain that hid the lab within. Trekking through the forest, Munch spotted some fuzzles that were willing to help us, following behind Munch like a marching parade. Abe was correct when we made it into the clearing; Sligs were patrolling all around the mountain. We just needed to find the doors I came out of, and funny enough, the train tracks in the air showed us the way to the entrance as we followed it cautiously. With the help of his sonar, Munch and the fuzzles took care of some of the Sligs, while Abe used explosives to blow the Sligs sky-high. Abe also snuck up onto a sleeping Slig and wrapped him up with the tape in his backpack. It was pretty fun to watch in first-person, seeing it from a different angle than when I played it on the console, yet, a bit more tense, too, feeling the rumbles of the explosives and the bombs he set down that went off on the Sligs while they stepped on them. I would have loved to help out, but I was at a loss on what I could do. All I could do was stay out of the way for Abe and Munch to work their magic to get us into the lab. Alf seemed to be chill and was comfortable letting the two do all the dirty work while he sat back with me, waiting for the coast to be clear for us to keep moving forward. Abe kept repeating, "Follow me," after the area was clear. Finally, with a bit of sneaking around, we made it to the doors. It was then Munch's turn to use his sonar to control the doors from the inside as he used a machine operator that controlled the doors.

I thought to myself, "That's convenient." Knowing about how the game works, I figured some machines would be present for the group to use. The doors started to open up as Abe set down some traps. More bombs and a smokescreen to hide us if the enemy were to elude the trap he set. As Abe predicted again, Sligs came rushing out. I saw Sligs fly in the air and smack back down to the ground while Abe ordered Alf and me to follow him through the doors. Munch will soon follow pursuit once we get inside safely. Once Munch stopped controlling the doors, they would just close again. We made it in and hid into a shaded area to wait for Munch to hop back to us quickly.

Everyone was together, scoping out the inside of the train station. The directory was close, along with the pully system that opened the doors for the trains to depart. Abe looked about, seeing if there were any chant suppressors around. Knowing he was free to chant, he jumped onto a platform with vents that blew out steam for cover as Munch, Alf, and I stayed in the shadows below. Abe chanted the unsuspecting Slig sleeping on the job with his slogs all around; this was the same Slig that wounded me, mind you. So having Abe possess him made me smile.

"Here, boy," The Slig called out to all of the slogs by his side. He walked all the slogs away from the directory and had them attack the other Sligs nearby. Once that was done, he shot the slogs, which made me cringe from the crying sounds that came out of them. I always felt bad for the slogs when I had to kill them off in the game, and the noise they made when shot made me almost want to cry.