"He's my mystery man, Cass. He was the one I kissed when I went out with Adam for the first time." Cassandra's jaw drops.

"Shut up! That man is insanely rich, successful and hot. Girl, I don't even know what to say." She says around a mouthful of bacon.

"Along with all those things, Marcus Gold is also a married man." I remind her, now completely mad.

"Shit! Yes, Annabeth Gold right? Damn, she's such a nice woman. Marcus is a real jerk." 

"I felt so used when I saw them together. When we met near the washroom, he had the nerve to ask me out on a date, Cass. And I said yes and gave him my number. I feel like a cheap whore now." By the end of my rant there were tears swimming  in my eyes, my vision was blurred.

"Aw sweetheart, he's an asshole, there are loads of nice men out there, that'll treat you like the absolute queen you are." She said squeezing my shoulder. 

I smile shakily, I hoped so too. We kept eating in silence after that discussion, when Cassie's phone rang. I quickly walked in to my bedroom to retrieve my own phone. 

"Andy? Yes I'm with Ro. Yeah we can meet tomorrow. Yes we're having a girls day. No you can't interrupt it. What do you mean why? So you want to- but Andy- Ok, I'll see you soon. I'll share the location. Bye baby." Cassie spoke away rapidly. There was a certain light in her eyes when she talked to him, it made me so happy to see that she was being treated right. I sat down on the couch and checked for more messages as she spoke. I saw a few texts from work, I typed out appropriate responses about an upcoming deadline. I saw one more message from an unknown number, it was sent five minutes ago. I had a good idea of who it might be, but I opened it anyway.

Unknown: Hi Romy. I'm sorry about how things transpired last night. I want to explain it all out to you. Please let me do that. I can't sleep in peace knowing you're mad at me darling. Marcus x.

A pang of longing ran through my heart, at what we could've been, but I don't intend on being a homewrecker. With this thought in mind, I typed out a response.

Me: You don't get to explain anything. Now leave me alone and don't text me any more.

 Cassie snapped me out of my thoughts by placing a hand on my shoulder.

"RoRo, Andy wants to crash our girls day" she explains with a light giggle.

"Is it okay?" She asks slightly nervous, knowing how I much I liked my privacy.

"Yeah that's fine. It'll gimme a chance to get to know your Andy better." I shrug and gather up the dirty plates while Cassie gathered the takeout boxes and threw them in the bin. Wanting to forget about this whole Marcus thing.

"He's not MY Andy, you know?" She whispered so quietly I almost missed it.

"What do you mean, you guys are clearly all over each other. And you've been going out for nearly three weeks now." I asked.

"He hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend yet. I really like him. Maybe I'll wait for a week and then ask him to be my boyfriend?" She said, more to herself than to me.

"You could do that sweetie. I think he's just-" I'm cut off by the ringing of a bell.

I look to Cass, "Must be your Andy. Get the door, Lovey." I load the dirty dishes into the dishwasher and quickly hop into the living room and straighten it out, not wanting to be messy when Andy comes in.