Chapter thirty - I do

George made his way to the throne room but stopped right in front of the doors. His father was behind those doors and George was afraid. He knew he held all the power now, but still, the picture of his father hovering over his half-dead body sent a shiver down his spine. He felt a tap on his shoulder and jumped.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you. You just looked like you were about to pee your pants." Geroge turned around to see Techno.

"I don't think I can do this," George confessed.

"What? Are you scared?"

George sighed and nodded his head. "He's always had more power than me. What if this is some kind of trap? What if he breaks out of the guard's grasp and attacks me!"

Techno placed a hand on George's shoulder, "Fear is the mind-killer. The little death that brings total obliteration."

George blinked, "What?"

"You will face your fears. You will permit it to pass over you and through you. and when it had gone past, you will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only you will remain. This isn't about your father. It's about conquering your fear. Your fear is the mini-boss. Now go forth."

George gulped, "O-okay..." George pushed the door open. He and Techno made their way to the throne and George sat down. four guards were surrounding two men, who he assumed that the late king and his adviser. Philza was talking with one of the guards but soon made his way over to stand by George's side.

Philza whispered to George, "They found them last night trying to sell the royal jewels on the black market. They refuse to talk. And we took the jewels back from them. What do you want to do with them?"

"What do you think we should do?" George asked.

"It's up to you, King. I'm not making this choice for you."

Geroge graoned, "Why not! Isn't your job to advise me?!" George whispered yelled.

"King George, I can't make all the choices for you. You've got this."

George did not 'got this.' He had quite the opposite. He felt like throwing up and running away. He didn't want to see his father. And he definitely didn't want to decide his fate! What should he do? Throw him in the dungeon and watch him rot? Could he do that to his own father? Was his father ever a real father to him? Did he even deserve George's mercy?

The only thing George know for sure was that he never wanted to see him again. George looked over at Techno, to see him staring right back with a look of determination. I have to conquer my fears. He can't hurt me. I have Techno to protect me. He won't let anything happen to me. George stood up and walked over to the group of guards, "Move out of the way, I want to see his face."

Techno stood right beside George and gave him a proud nod. The guards moved and revealed a tired, dirty, old man. George stood there, a little shocked, his father looked so different without his crown and royal garments. He didn't look intimidating at all. He wasn't some kind of god, He was just some guy. Huh. "Long time no see, Father."

His father spat on George's shoes.

George rolled his eyes, "Nice to see you too."

The past king only scuffed.

"Not talking I see," George looked him up and down. Suddenly his blood started to boil. "Do you want to know what I think of you? I think you're a pathetic, scared, little man. And you are nothing without your crown and throne behind you. Did it make you feel powerful to beat me up? Did it make you feel powerful to kill my childhood best friend? Did it make you feel better to blame Mother's death on me? How would you like it if someone treated you like that?"