Chapter fourteen - Drowning

George was going to die.

This was the end for him, and all because his father never taught him how to swim. George was pathetic and weak.

And where the hell did Karl go? Why had he just abandoned him? Didn't he say he would keep George safe? Well, he was doing a trouble job. If George wasn't drowning right now he would fire Karl.

George had been traveling down this river for what felt like forever. Ever so often the gods would pity him and let him breathe, only to laugh in his face and push him under the water once more. George had gone through many stages in his life, some where he wished for death, but today was not one of those days. George didn't want to die, he wanted to cuddle Dream and murder Karl for doing this to him.

But George did not understand how to swim so he must sink. George didn't mind it too much though, he was used to disappointment, after all his whole life was a disappointment to his father. So maybe dying in his early twenties made sense. His whole existence was just a line of people wanting to spit in his face.

George hit another rock, cutting him in the shoulder. that was the tenth time he had hurt himself since falling into the stupid river. (Well, more accurately getting pushed in.) George was in pain. But one would expect to be in pain if one were about to die. So George accepted it.

George had to come to terms with death. But how is one meant to do such a thing? George wasn't sure. But one thing George was sure of though was the fact that he was now falling down a waterfall. For two seconds it felt like he was flying but very quickly it felt like he had just fallen off a balcony and landed face-first on solid concrete. George's mind was beginning to drift away from him. And soon everything went black.

--------------------------

"How far into the forest did you guys go?!" Dream was getting impatient, so far there had been way too much traveling and not enough saving George.

"We're almost there, just a little farther," Karl promised, quickening his horse's gallop.

Bad gave a little giggle, "Dream, you're like the kid that's always asking if we're there yet."

Dream glared over at Bad, "Now is not the time for jokes, bad."

"Sorry." Bad frowned.

They came to a clearing where the river was. Karl got off his horse once more and walked over to the dock. "This is where he jumped in and then down the river he went. I tried looking for him, but he either went really far or got out and is lost somewhere in the forest." Karl said with concern.

"Ok, Karl and Bad, you guys check the forest, Sapnap and I will check the river. Let's meet back here at midnight. And make sure you guys stick together. This is a very dense forest and I don't want any of us getting lost. Does everyone understand?"

"Yes sir!"

And with that everyone was off in search of the lost prince.

---------------------------

George woke up with a massive headache. He was stuck in a pile of logs, a beaver dam, George was saved by beavers. Somehow when he was knocked out his lifeless body must have floated onto the logs. Maybe the gods didn't hate him or maybe they were just teasing him.

George started trying to get his feet loose so he could make it back to land. But he was tired and in a lot of pain, so he grew exhausted almost instantly. Therefore he did the next best thing, "Help! Anyone there! I need some help!" George shouted.

George waited for almost an eternity when finally he heard something back. "Is someone out here?!" It was a man's voice with a British accent like George's.

"Yes, over here! I need help!" Soon a young man with brown curly hair appeared from behind a tree.

"What happened to you?" He asked.

"Fell down a waterfall and now my feet are stuck in these logs, could you help me out, please?" George gave the stranger his best puppy dog eyes.

"Of course," The man made his way over and got to work helping George out of the logs. Soon he was free.

"Thank you very much." George started walking over to the ground but a sharp pain came from his right foot, he almost face-planted back into the water but the man beside him grabbed George's hand and helped him walk to the ground.

"Are you okay? What are you doing out in this forest all alone?"

"I'm not sure if I can walk. And I didn't come all alone I was swimming with my fiance, but then the river kind of swapped me off my feet." George suddenly remembered he was pretty much naked, with only his boxers on. His face turned a bright red.

"Do you know you're way back?"

"Um... No." George started to shiver, he was cold and wet. The sun was just beginning to disappear as the earth continued to rotate.

"Here," The stranger took off his mustered yellow cape and wrapped it around George. "We can't have someone as pretty as you getting sick, now can we?" The man said well ruffling George's hair.

George felt himself blush. "Um, thank you, again."

"It's getting kind of dark, why don't you stay the night at my cabin, I can also give you first aid well we're there, you look a little beaten up. And in the morning I can help you find you're fiance. Mhm, how does that sound?"

"Would you really do all that for me? I would hate to be an inconvenience." George smiled sweetly.

"No, don't worry, I would love some company. What's your name by the way?"

"I'm pr- I'm George."

"Nice to meet you, George, I'm Wilbur."