21. Back in London

"April, I'm going to miss you so much. I can't believe you're already going back home." Riley embraced me in a tight hug. I felt her tears against my heated cheek. These two weeks had flown by. Christmas has been better than ever. We all bought each other amazing presents and my mom cooked the best dinner I've ever tasted.

Riley got me a silver bracelet with a quote: Best friends till the end , carved on the inside. I shed a few tears when I received her present, it was so sweet. It's like I'll be carrying her around my wrist all the time, I loved it. I bought touch bracelets for the two of us. Whenever one of us touched their bracelet, the other bracelet would vibrate. Even on the other side of the ocean.

I let go of Riley, wiping the salty tears from my face with the back of my hand. My mom came up to me.

"I just wanted to say congratulations, again. I think it's so great for you that you're moving in with Tom." She smiled, a tear running down from her waterline. "I just wished you told us about him earlier, honey." She cupped my cheek with her hand.

"I know, mom. I just wanted to tell you in person. I had no idea Tom was going to ask me to move in with him the day before I went to see you guys." I took her hand, squeezing it.

"As long as you take him with you the next time you come to visit us. Deal?" My dad smiled. He walked up to me and hugged me tight.

"Deal." I looked at my younger brother. He stared at the ground. I could see that he was trying to hold back his tears, as I was going back to London for who knows how long.

"Come here, Liam." I opened my arms and I squeezed him in my arms. He laughed at how I almost crushed him in the hug, but eventually he put his arms around me for a tight hug.

I let go of him and grabbed my suitcase. "I'm going to miss you all so much. I promise I'll call at least twice a week this time." A tear running down my cheek. Goodbyes always hurt.

"Bye April!" Everyone waved at me as I walked towards my gate.

-

My eyes fluttered open by the sound of a flight attendant asking me if I wanted breakfast. I nodded and fixed my posture. I looked out the little window and saw that we were flying above a beautiful sunrise. The clouds were pink with a touch of orange. They looked fluffy, like I could have the best sleep of my life lying in them. I looked on the screen in front of me.

Two hours till arrival.

Just enough time to watch a movie. I put on Finding Nemo, because it reminded me of the movie night I had with Tom. I missed him so much, I can't wait to see him in a couple of hours.

"...And thank you for flying with Virgin Atlantic. I wish you all a happy stay!"

I smiled. I'm home, finally. I got up from my seat and took my bag from the space above my head and got in line behind the other passengers. All waiting to get off the plane.

I just got my suitcases from the baggage claim and I walked out to find a cab. When I walked into the airport terminal I saw someone familiar. He was holding a piece of paper with my name on it. I squeezed my eyes to get a better look of the person. Brown hair, tall, a big grin on his face. I gulped, my face heated up.

"Jaden?"