14. Spend the night

We stood by the doorstep. "Are you sure I can come in? It's kind of late and I don't want to burden you." I whispered. "Yes of course! And why are you whispering, there's nobody here. Come on, let's go inside." Tom replied. He opened the door for me and I walked in, Tom following me. His hand touched my lower back and he led me to the living room. "Can I offer you a drink?" He asked, walking over to the kitchen. "Water, please." I answered as I followed him to the kitchen. Moonlight shimmered through the big windows. I could barely make out the vague shapes of the furniture and the silhouette of Toms body. Even though I could hardly see him, I could still make out the shape of his toned muscles through his shirt. "Where's the light switch?" I asked him softly. "No need to turn on the lights. The moonlight is enough for me to see your beautiful features." He responded. I blushed.

He walked up to me and gently put his hands on my hips. A shiver ran down my spine. Our faces were now dangerously close to each other. I could feel his breath on my skin. He caressed my cheek with his hand. I looked up into his gentle, brown eyes. He cupped my face in his firm hands and placed a stroke of my hair behind my ear. "Tom, I.." A shaky breath left my mouth. "Shh, don't talk." He said tenderly and he pulled my face closer to his. He leaned in and pecked our lips together. It was a short kiss what soon deepened into a passionate kiss. I ran my hands through his soft curls. It felt like time had stopped. As if we were the only two people in this entire world.

I leaned back to catch my breath. "What's wrong, darling?" Tom asked with the sweetest tone. His hands were in my neck. "Nothing. I just needed to catch my breath from this intense moment." I smiled. He looked down at me with the most loving look I've ever seen. "It was, wasn't it." He smiled. "So, uhm, you're still swearing off boys?" He chuckled. "I might have to reconsider that statement." I giggled.

Our moment got interrupted by Haz stumbling into the apartment. He had a girl with him and they rushed into his bedroom without even noticing us. "He's hammered." Tom grinned. "Is that his girlfriend?" I whispered. "No, Haz just takes home girls once in a while. Especially when he's out clubbing." Tom responded. I yawned. It was already around midnight. "If you want you can sleepover at my place. You can sleep in my bed and I will sleep on the couch." Tom suggested. It's so sweet of him to take in to consideration that I might not want to sleep with him in the same bed. I'm really tired so I don't feel like going all the way home this late. "Yeah, that would be nice." I smiled at him. "Good." He looked relieved that I didn't want to go home.

"Here you go." Tom handed me one of his shirts for me to sleep in. "Thank you." I smiled and gave him a soft kiss on his cheek. I walked towards his bedroom but Tom grabbed my hand. "Wait." He pulled me in and kissed me on my lips. "Goodnight, sweetheart." He smiled. "Goodnight Tommy."