20. Moving in

-2 months later-

I was packing my bags, ready to go home for a few weeks. I was really exited to finally see my family and Riley again. I haven't seen them for two to three months, but so much has happened that it feels like I haven't seen them in a year. I haven't told them about Tom yet, it felt better to just tell them in person.

"Merry Christmas darling!" Tom came barging into my bedroom.

"Christmas is not for another week, stupid." I giggled, walking up to him to give him a kiss.

"Yeah, I know that. But since I cant spend Christmas with you, I'm giving you your present right now." He smiled, returning my kiss.

"You got me something for Christmas? Aw Tommy you didn't have to do that." I blushed. Tom handed me a tiny box, wrapped with a silk, blue ribbon. I took the box out of his hands and removed the string. I opened the box and I gasped.

"Tom!" I squealed. "What is this?"

"I...I don't know if it's too soon, but I figured I'd just give it to you." Tom ran his hands through his curls. It was his nervous tick.

"A key to your apartment? That's so sweet!" I ran up to him and embraced his muscled body in a big hug.

"Not quite." Tom pushed me gently off of him. A confused look painted on my face. A grin on his.

"It's not a key to my apartment. It's a key to ours." Tom looked down at his feet.

"A what now?" I tried to make eye contact with him. 

"I kind of bought a small apartment for the both of us." Tom said, still looking down at the floor.

"Our relationship has been doing really well but aren't there a few other steps you take before moving in together?" I followed Toms gaze to the floor. We were both standing there in silence, overthinking until Tom broke the uncomfortable quiet atmosphere.

"You're right. It was stupid. I'm sorry, let's just forget about it." Tom replied, again running his fingers through his curly hair.

"No, wait. It is fast, but I don't know. It also feels right." I took Toms shaky hand and squeezed it to make him feel more comfortable.

Tom looked up and stared into my eyes. "Seriously?"

"I mean we have been close for a long time before dating, so it's not that we'll be moving in without knowing each other well enough or something." I continued. The words came fluently out of my mouth, but my hands were shaking.

"You mean, you're saying yes? We're moving in together?" Tom let go of my hand.

We gazed into each other's eyes for a second what felt like hours.

"Yeah...uhm. Yes! Yes, yes, yes!" I squealed and I jumped in Toms arms hugging him, almost squeezing the air out of his chest. Tom laughed. I don't know how it was possible, but his laugh even sounded cuter now.

"We're moving in together?" Tom whispered in my ear. His minty breath in my neck. It gave me chills.

"We're moving in together."