Ch - 1

The night was dark . Whole surrounding was quiet . Only the sounds of rainfall could be heard in that silent environment . 

Roads were wet . Streetlights highlight the sheets of rain sweeping sideways in the wind . The climate was getting colder with every passing minute. A couple was traveling in their car with their children . They were returning to their house after  their children's school annual day celebration . 

The couple had two children , one boy and another a girl . The boy is fourteen years old . He is five years older than his sister . They were sitting at the back . The couple were sitting at the front . Their father was driving the car and their mother was sitting beside him . A romantic song was playing in the car and they were vibing with the song . 

Their father looked at his wife , sang along to the song . Their mother smiled …. " Darling , stop your flirting and keep your eyes on the road ! … 

…. It is raining so heavily tonight ! " The wife complained . The husband smiled and kept singing along while driving . 

" Darling , it is all your fault …. You should eat fast at the restaurant ! ….

…. See now it is too late in the night and raining heavily too ! I just want to get back home safely as soon as possible ! " 

The husband smiled …. " Sweetheart , you just keep a smile on your face , I am damn sure the rain will stop within a few seconds ! " The wife blushed …. " Okay ! Okay ! Enough sweet talk ! …. Now focus on your driving ! " 

" It is not sweet talk ! …. I am just telling the truth ! ....

.... Sweetheart , if you smile , even the sun could rise at night ? " 

The girl child got confused …. " Dad , how could the sun rise in the night ? " The boy motioned her to keep quiet . The girl quickly nodded her head and got quiet . 

" Ah Xiang , everything is possible for your Mom ! " …. Their father jokes …. " Darling , don't utter nonsense in front of the kids ! " 

Their children were looking at them , and were smiling at the back . The girl smiled …. "  Gege , you see how Dad is trying to coax , Mom ? " The boy giggled …. " Yes , Ah Xiang ! " He again started reading the story book with his sister . 

On the same night , two friends , twenty years old , came out from a bar . One was heavily drunk and another one was slightly tipsy . Heavily drunk one was Jin . And the slightly tipsy one was Zhou Zi Shu . 

ZHOU ZI SHU

ZHOU ZI SHU

Jin was arguing about driving the car that night . Zhou Zi Shu was trying to stop him , saying that it was raining and it would be dangerous for Jin to drive a car in that drunk condition . But Jin was stubborn , he did not listen to Zhou Zi Shu and sat in the driver's seat . Zhou Zi Shu sat beside him . 

Jin was driving the car at top speed . He was driving the car in a zigzag manner . Zhou Zi Shu was scared . He again tried to stop him …. " Jin , let me drive the car ! ….

…. You will cause an accident ! " 

Jin started to laugh hard …. " Zi Shu , you get afraid easily ! …. 

…. Now do not disturb me ! And let me drive peacefully ! " 

Jin kept driving at top speed . Zhou Zi Shu was holding his breath. He was sitting with his eyes closed beside the driver's seat . 

Again back to that lovely couple , they were at the highway . Their kids were rubbing their eyes in the backseat . Their daughter , Xiang, was almost falling asleep … " Dad , when will we reach our home ? " 

" Ah Xiang , we will soon ! " …. Their father smiled . Their elder son , Wen Ke Xing , held his sister and put her head on his lap …. " Ah Xiang , if you want , you fell asleep ! " Wen Xiang smiled… " Gege , you are so sweet ! " Wen Ke Xing smiled too and kept ruffling her hair . Their mother smiled …. " Wen Ke Xing , you are the best Gege ! ….

…. Always take care of your sister like that ! " Wen Ke Xing promised …. " I will always , Mom ! " 

 " I will always , Mom ! " 

WEN KE XING

They were in the middle of the highway , and suddenly a light flashed on their father's face . He got startled while driving . The car skidded on the wet road . 

They saw a car approaching them at the top of his speed . In that car was Zhou Zi Shu and his friend Jin . Zhou Zi Shu shouted …. " Jin , stop ! Stop ! Slow down ! Slow down ! " 

Sweat started dripping down Jin ' s face …. " Zi Shu , I am trying …. trying ! " 

Wen Ke Xing 's dad tried to drive their own car to save themselves from the accident . But the opposite happened .  

As the road was wet , their car slided on the road and hit the bridge. There was another truck that was approaching them and hit the front of the couple 's car . 

Mr . Wen and his wife ' s head hit the car glass . Wen Xiang jolted up from her sleep . Wen Ke Xing pulled her tightly into his embrace .There were few scratches over their body but his inner pain was more than his outer pain . Tears kept dropping from his eyes .

Wen Xiang wrapped her arms around her elder brother too … " Gege …. Gege … What happened ? " But not a single word was coming out from Wen Ke Xing's mouth . 

Zhou Zi Shu came out from the car …. " Jin , we should help them ! " 

" Zi Shu , are you mad ? We will get involved in the police case ! " 

" Jin , you are responsible for this and you do not want to help them too ?! " 

" Zi Shu , if you want to help ? Help ! I am going from here ! " He ran away .

Zhou Zi Shu quickly went to the couple's car and saw the front portion of the car was heavily damaged . There were two kids sitting at the back and the man at the driver 's seat was  profusely and the woman beside him was drenched in blood too . 

Zhou Zi Shu quickly dialled the ambulance . He checked the breathing of the man and saw he was already dead . Then he checked the woman , she was breathing faintly . Zhou Zi Shu tried to bring the kids down from the car but they were too afraid to come down . 

***

Hope the starting is good ! Keep commenting and voting , if you like it .